Questions about Admissions Decisions

kiki123

I have recently submitted the last of my applications and was curious as to how long the average wait is to receive your admissions decision from a school. A few of the deadlines have passed for my applications, but not all of them. Do schools generally wait until their deadlines have passed before reviewing applications and making decisions? Do they typically send out rejection letters or acceptance letters first? Are admissions decisions generally sent through the mail or in electronic form? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Most schools take about 4-6 weeks generally to review your application and get back to you. Of course, the earlier you apply, the chances of you hearing back from them are sooner. It also depends if the schools you are applying to are on a rolling basis. If the school is on a rolling basis they will review it once your application is complete. But, if it is not, they generally wait til the deadline has passed..as far as I am aware of. I'm not sure about whether they send rejection letters or acceptance letters first...it all depends on the schools that you are applying to. Same goes with mail and electronic form---some schools will state that they will send their decision via email or mail (example: boston college). So what it really comes down to is which schools youre applying to because every school has their own way of dealing with the application process. Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...