CSUDH MSW FALL 2013 - Has anyone been accepted yet?

willow_wisp

I received an email back on December stating that the department was reviewing my application.

I still haven't received any acceptance or rejection letter from them.

Has anyone received an acceptance or rejection letter for the MSW program at CSUDH?

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I received an email back on December stating that the department was reviewing my application.

I still haven't received any acceptance or rejection letter from them.

Has anyone received an acceptance or rejection letter for the MSW program at CSUDH?

Thank you.

Heard anything yet? I too am awaiting a response. Fingers crossed, good luck!

Heard anything yet? I too am awaiting a response. Fingers crossed, good luck!

Hello! I just received my letter of acceptance today on Saturday, March 2nd.  The letter was dated on March 1st.  

I turned in my application back in October....October 27, 2012 to be exact.

It was a long wait.  Good luck :)

Im also waiting. Turned mine in 2/14/13. What about you guys?

Hello! I just received my letter of acceptance today on Saturday, March 2nd.  The letter was dated on March 1st.  

I turned in my application back in October....October 27, 2012 to be exact.

It was a long wait.  Good luck  :)

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone hear back yet? I emailed the director of admissions and she informed me that there were approximately 20 seats left for the full time program and there was not an extensive wait list; I assume by this that they are admitting and denying applicants rather than putting them on the wait list, which can be great or terrible news for those awaiting a response. 

I received my acceptance letter from the department on March 6th (dated 3/5) and from the university on March 15th (dated 3/13).  I hand delivered my application on 1/3/13.  Not sure if I'm going to attend their program, leaning towards UCLA and still haven't heard from several other programs I applied to.  Good luck to those of you still waiting to hear from CSU-DH.

This is my second time applying to MSW programs I got rejected from all 6 schools I applied to for Fall 2012, so don't give up my fellow future MSWers.  Even if this time around does not work out for you do what you can to improve your application (volunteer more, take a class in psychology or social work and get an "A" and a good letter of rec, etc).

I received my acceptance letter from the department on March 6th (dated 3/5) and from the university on March 15th (dated 3/13).  I hand delivered my application on 1/3/13.  Not sure if I'm going to attend their program, leaning towards UCLA and still haven't heard from several other programs I applied to.  Good luck to those of you still waiting to hear from CSU-DH.

This is my second time applying to MSW programs I got rejected from all 6 schools I applied to for Fall 2012, so don't give up my fellow future MSWers.  Even if this time around does not work out for you do what you can to improve your application (volunteer more, take a class in psychology or social work and get an "A" and a good letter of rec, etc).

How long does CSUDH give you in order to make a decision?

How long does CSUDH give you in order to make a decision?

Deadline to let CSUDH know was 4/1 but I asked for an extension until 4/8 and got the OK.

There is a national graduate school intent day (4/15), but CSUDH is not a signatory school to that particular guideline which I found strange.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

I think no news is good news but not great news as many spots have been surely been filled.  I still have not heard from CSUN, CSULA and CSUSB, figured b/c I submitted my apps very late for those schools I am last to be reviewed.  As for CSUDH I was accepted but decided to attend UCLA instead, I let DH know on 4/8 that I was not going to attend their program so that should've freed up one slot. 

I know the waiting game sucks I hope you hear something soon.

• 1 month later...

Anyone hear back yet? I emailed the director of admissions and she informed me that there were approximately 20 seats left for the full time program and there was not an extensive wait list; I assume by this that they are admitting and denying applicants rather than putting them on the wait list, which can be great or terrible news for those awaiting a response.

How long did it take for the admissions director to reply you with info? I also want to send an email on more info of my status, but I dnt know if I should?

Ps: this is for CSUDH correct?

Edited by Jenn-MSW

How long did it take for the admissions director to reply you with info? I also want to send an email on more info of my status, but I dnt know if I should?

Ps: this is for CSUDH correct?

Yes, this was for CSUDH. They are VERY helpful and respond in a very timely manner. I've emailed a few times and they've answered within a few days. 

Yes, this was for CSUDH. They are VERY helpful and respond in a very timely manner. I've emailed a few times and they've answered within a few days.

Thank you for the info I emailed the director of admissions as well but no response yet. Last info I knew was to keep waiting because sometimes they accept students a week before classes start

Edited by Jenn-MSW

Thank you for the info I emailed the director of admissions as well but no response yet. Last info I knew was to keep waiting because sometimes they accept students a week before classes start .....I hope we do get in though :)

Have you heard back ? 

• 4 weeks later...

STILL WAITING...registration already took place, I wonder how they'll work that out.

Hey, my friend is still waiting for his response and went over there. He said they have five spots left and people should hear back in two weeks.

Edited by Exile87

Hey, my friend is still waiting for his response and went over there. He said they have five spots left and people should hear back in two weeks.

Oh wow, thanks for the info! Does he know if he is high up on the list?

Edited by saidypoo