Help with vagueries...

longshot101

Hi, like many here, I am waiting in limbo-- which is no fun; so I emailed the administrative assistant about my status, and she replied with this helpful nugget:

Many thanks for your email. All admissions letters will be sent out on Friday, March 13th. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions or concerns.

Of course, me the over thinker (and most likely certain of failure) thought that this seemed to be a thinly veiled "you did not get in". I saw one person posted that they got into the particular program after an interview on the results forum page, however, I had my interview earlier in the year.

Is it still possible to receive acceptance versus snail mail? or is that so 1999? Does the assistant's email smell of rejection? I have no idea, any help would be much appreciated. I have been lurking, and it seems their is a wealth of info on here!

thanks.

Friday, March the 13th rings a bell. Is this Berkeley you're talking about? :P The Psychology Dept there said the same to me but I bugged them enough to get them to send me an email with the decision letter attached. It was a rejection. A few of my friends who assumed rejections were pleasantly surprised to see letters of acceptance come in, albeit a little late, by post from U Chicago. So don't lose heart..good luck.

Thank you, I am driving myself crazy-- and it didn't help seeing someone's post that they received word via email. I have little to no experience in this field, and I am assuming that they are giving out fellowships first, etc. Hopefully, I will know soon, and will learn to wait it out :lol: Thanks again! and nope, not Berkeley and liszt thanks for the hopeful words about your friends from U of Chicago!

• 2 weeks later...

^You only applied to one school? Seems like we are in the same boat.... :lol: I think its bad to be waitlisted, but it adds even more pressure because you only applied to one place. I feel your pain. I have a feeling NYU Steinhardt waitlisted me too....I got a vague response when I called on Friday. Some have been accepted, some rejected (from what I hear).

Hey....I'll take waistlist, than a rejection.......any day. :lol: I just wish they would at least tell me that much, instead of "they haven't made a decision on your application yet"....lol.

You know-- I feel rather positive about the wait-list situation. Before this I was bonkers, see title description for blatant misspelling :lol: Although, it will be a longer wait, I have a plan of attack, and I am NOT rejected, at least, not yet.

I had no experience prior to this, I only really liked one school, after my interview, I thought I was o.k.

So good luck to you, Professor. I say, when you hear, contact the school and good luck!