Boston University MSW - weird decision letter

gfl212

Hi all,

I just heard back from BU today, and the decision letter said:

"After reviewing your credentials, we have determined that we are unable to make an
admission decision at this time. We therefore have decided to hold your application,
which will be reviewed again no later than April 30th. Please note that you may receive
notification of your admission status earlier than that date."

Has anyone else heard back, or does anyone know about BU's process? I am very confused. Does that mean I am wait listed?

Thanks for your help!

@Gfl212 I actually got the exact same thing today. I called Admissions because I thought it meant wait list but the lady told me it doesn't mean wait list and it doesn't mean acceptance. The decision is exactly how it sounds, they will review it once again at a later date and let us know by April 30th. I think they're waiting for the next round of applications since we did early admission and they will weigh our applications against the others. I am guessing they didn't deem us admissible right away and are going to wait and see if there is better candidates.

@Gfl212 I actually got the exact same thing today. I called Admissions because I thought it meant wait list but the lady told me it doesn't mean wait list and it doesn't mean acceptance. The decision is exactly how it sounds, they will review it once again at a later date and let us know by April 30th. I think they're waiting for the next round of applications since we did early admission and they will weigh our applications against the others. I am guessing they didn't deem us admissible right away and are going to wait and see if there is better candidates.

Eureka. That would make sense.

I didn't realize any schools really did rounds in the States.

Hello. That does sound confusing. I also applied to BU by the earliest admissions deadline and have not heard back as of yet. If you don't mind me asking, how were you notified? Was it through mail or e-mail? 

Hello. That does sound confusing. I also applied to BU by the earliest admissions deadline and have not heard back as of yet. If you don't mind me asking, how were you notified? Was it through mail or e-mail? 

I got an email telling me my decision was available in my online application. So I logged into my application, and there was a link to a PDF of the letter.

Thanks for the info. I guess that makes me feel better-ish, but I still feel like that's the same thing as a wait list. Oh well, it's better than a rejection!

• 11 months later...

I got the same thing today.... UGH, whatever h

Hi all,

I just heard back from BU today, and the decision letter said:

"After reviewing your credentials, we have determined that we are unable to make an
admission decision at this time. We therefore have decided to hold your application,
which will be reviewed again no later than April 30th. Please note that you may receive
notification of your admission status earlier than that date."

I got the same thing today, I am disappointed that I wasn't a first round draft pick, but ugh. whatever happened with  your BU admission?

I also applied to BU for the early admission deadline, but haven't heard from them yet. Has anyone received an acceptance from BU?? I know they said we would hear back before or on March 3, but waiting is killing me!!