2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

I haven't heard anything either my portal still says that my application is complete and ready for review. The FAQ section on their website says if it says that then we are still in the running, so I wouldn't freak out yet.

WCU's website just changed for me.  So yes, the acceptances are still rolling out!  Good luck!

On a more positive note (maybe) my Radford portal finally changed to decision made today and I have whole bunch of new tabs added for student life, my files and I have information on registering for classes in the fall. I got excited about something similar for Central MO to only find out that I had been wait listed and not fully accepted, but I will take this as good news until I receive an official decision.

Got mine. Waitlisted. 

Aww, I know being in limbo sucks but just try and look at it positively. It's better than getting a full rejection. You still have some great schools to hear from!

Aww, I know being in limbo sucks but just try and look at it positively. It's better than getting a full rejection. You still have some great schools to hear from!

True. Being waitlisted at one of my top choices is actually heart wrenching. I don't think I've cried this much in a long time.

Ah, well. Wait and see. 

jmarti, don't be sad :(. A lot of people get thru the wait list. Sending you good vibes. Did u get it in the mail? Does it say ur status on the USC website?

I'm not sure. I received mine at my permanent address, out of state.

jmarti, i'm sorry!  Looking at the past years for schools it seems like a LOT of people get in off wait lists, so I know that isn't exactly what you wanted to hear, but I hope you have good news coming your way.

jmarti, i'm sorry! Looking at the past years for schools it seems like a LOT of people get in off wait lists, so I know that isn't exactly what you wanted to hear, but I hope you have good news coming your way.

Thanks guys :). The letter said we should know by the end of the month. I'm wondering how kcald fared... hopefully well!

i got a wait-list letter for the University of South Carolina as well.  

We are going to decide between the universities that have already accepted me (ECU or WCU), or still have a possibility of hearing (App State or UNC-G),.  Good luck to all who choose to stay on the wait-list for USC!!!!  It's a great school.  Maybe I'll be applying for my PhD there in a few more years... :-) 

Since it is late in the day and WCU still says my app is still ready for review I am taking it to mean that I won't get an official acceptance today and that I have probably been wait listed. If that is true then I am going on a perfect 4/4 on the wait list front! :lol:

:blink:  :wacko:

Since it is late in the day and WCU still says my app is still ready for review I am taking it to mean that I won't get an official acceptance today and that I have probably been wait listed. If that is true then I am going on a perfect 4/4 on the wait list front! :lol:

:blink::wacko:

We can wait it out as wait list buddies

Tay - I seriously think WCU is still rolling them out - it takes the IT people a while to enter the decisions into the computer system, from what I've been told.  Keep the hope alive!  You also have some great programs on your list, and App State hasn't begun to notify yet, so there are quite a few reasons to keep your hope alive that you'll know the place for you very soon.  :-) 

:blink:  :wacko:

Hopefully we still get accepted but if not I hope its atleast a waitlist. 

Congrats!!! Did you get an email?

Yup. It says it's dependent on me taking Neuroanatomy (which I will if I go there). I found a cheap online course from ENMU. since I'll be taking only 3 credits I get instate tuition which is $160 a credit, so that will only cost $480. And USF was my number one choice, but now I'm finding the choice harder to make because if I go to ODU my tuition will be almost free. If I go to USF it will not............but hey I have some time to think about it so I'm just gonna drink and enjoy my spring break now :) !!!!!!!

Edited by AMarie

Yup. It says it's dependent on me taking Neuroanatomy (which I will if I go there). I found a cheap online course from EMNU. since I'll be taking only 3 credits I get instate tuition which is $160 a credit, so that will only cost $480. And USF was my number one choice, but now I'm finding the choice harder to make because if I go to ODU my tuition will be almost free. If I go to USF it will not............but hey I have some time to think about it so I'm just gonna drink and enjoy my spring break now :) !!!!!!!

I'm hoping I hear from them soon, then. Congrats, enjoy your break!

I'm hoping I hear from them soon, then. Congrats, enjoy your break!

Yeah it seems like my letter was personalized, so a person is typing them out individually, not just printing out generic ones. You should be hearing soon!! good luck :)

Can I be y'alls wait list buddies too? I just got my second wait list today.

Anyone on any wait list is welcome to wait it out with me! :) Keep your head up, it's not over yet.