2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

i was awarded 5,000 per semester for a total of 20,000. good luck!!

I'm in the same boat as Speech310. The website says that there are two scholarships for Comm Sci Disorders at Emerson. One is the Dean's Scholarship (which is a total of $20,000) and one is the Presidential Scholarship (a total of $28,000). Since some people's statuses haven't changed yet, I'll bet they're still deciding on the presidential scholarships, which I assume are more selective.

Thanks for all the info! I really appreciate it! Congrats again on your scholarships!

Edited by SLP2013

Congrats on your decision, AMarie!

Do you know if UVA has sent out in-field acceptances yet?

I know they have sent some in-field acceptances because one girl in my class was accepted to UVA, but she's the only one I know of. It is possible that they could be sending more soon....I don't have much info on it. I'll check into it for you guys. 

I feel so totally tired and worn down at this point in the process. I've been keeping my hopes up that I will hear good news, but it is quite difficult. 

We're all rooting for you!! =) hang in there, we only have a few more weeks left and you've made it so far already!!

We're all rooting for you!! =) hang in there, we only have a few more weeks left and you've made it so far already!!

Very true, and thank you! I am just so not emotionally prepared to endure this again if need be. 

I feel so totally tired and worn down at this point in the process. I've been keeping my hopes up that I will hear good news, but it is quite difficult. 

I (as well as many others) are rooting for you and still hopeful that you will hear good news. I will be sending you, and anybody else that may still be waiting, good vibes.

Just to join in, hang in there!! it only takes one! Although I've never met you in real life, you have been so supportive of everyone here, and I think that says a lot about who you are any why any program would be lucky to have you. 

I hope you get some good news soon! I'm pretty much in the same boat as you right now. I just try to tell myself that everything will work out as it should. Crossing my fingers for the both of us!

I hope you get some good news soon! I'm pretty much in the same boat as you right now. I just try to tell myself that everything will work out as it should. Crossing my fingers for the both of us!

I'll be thinking of you all week! Please let me know if you receive anything happy. If for some reason you don't, we will get through this together next year. 

B)

Nevermind, just emailed Dr. Bahr. Over 470 applicants this year. wow.

When you emailed, did she indicate that everyone was wait listed? Or that they are still reviewing?

When you emailed, did she indicate that everyone was wait listed? Or that they are still reviewing?

Here is what she said:

Thank you for your inquiry. We have received over 470 applications for the Fall. We have sent out 120 acceptances to individuals who exceeded our minimum requirements for admission. If you have not heard from us, that means you are on the waiting list. We have to give the first round of acceptances until April 15 to respond. So, if there are spaces available after April 15, we will start taking people in from the waiting list. Currently, the waiting list is not ranked as we are still reviewing applications.

UGH

Here is what she said:

Thank you for your inquiry. We have received over 470 applications for the Fall. We have sent out 120 acceptances to individuals who exceeded our minimum requirements for admission. If you have not heard from us, that means you are on the waiting list. We have to give the first round of acceptances until April 15 to respond. So, if there are spaces available after April 15, we will start taking people in from the waiting list. Currently, the waiting list is not ranked as we are still reviewing applications.

UGH

So does that mean they didn't even review all the applications before sending acceptances? Because that really upsets me. I exceeded their minimums as they reported them online. So how can they have made decisions all while not reviewing all applications?

So does that mean they didn't even review all the applications before sending acceptances? Because that really upsets me. I exceeded their minimums as they reported them online. So how can they have made decisions all while not reviewing all applications?

I'm assuming they had it ranked by GPA and GRE score and gave the top 120 priority.  I wish I knew exactly how it works, but I have no idea.

I'm assuming they had it ranked by GPA and GRE score and gave the top 120 priority. I wish I knew exactly how it works, but I have no idea.

Yeah. Me too. So this now means that I sit on 3 waitlists and 2 rejections. My options are only to be accepted off of a waitlist somehow. Wow, this is not how I saw things happening for me.

Yeah. Me too. So this now means that I sit on 3 waitlists and 2 rejections. My options are only to be accepted off of a waitlist somehow. Wow, this is not how I saw things happening for me.

This was actually my third year applying. I am lucky that I got in this year, but I think I have made it pretty clear that I totally disagree with the process.

Also, I feel like USF should have told us that we are all just waiting? I mean, I've been sitting here in the dark for a few weeks now.

When I had heard of programs doing this, I was always curious as to why they don't just inform people that they are on a waitlist.

Also, I feel like USF should have told us that we are all just waiting? I mean, I've been sitting here in the dark for a few weeks now.

When I had heard of programs doing this, I was always curious as to why they don't just inform people that they are on a waitlist.

Especially after paying a good amount of money to apply. It shouldn't be hard to get us on a mass email list to just give a little notification.

^same jmarti.Do you know when we will get our second letters from USC?

From their original letter, I assumed that only those accepted during the second round will get a letter. Since their initial deadline was today, I believe that they will be making decisions this week and next. They did mention that they were in the process of compiling and ranking the waitlist way back in early March, so I am assuming that they are just going to move right down the list and notify until all spots are filled.

Powellg, congrats on your acceptance this year! I admire your perseverance, and this acceptance is something you clearly worked for. Enjoy your successes!