Help, what's about life in washington DC?

DC is awesome, but I'm a city girl so my idea of expensive and dangerous may be different from yours. I mean, yes it is expensive, like any other city, but in my opinion it's worth it. It's hot and humid in the summer, which isn't pleasant, I will say that. But you can easily get around with no car, even from some of the suburbs.

Thanks a lot. For such kind of big cities, there is no evident trouble then is good. Not as expensive and crowded as NY, not dangerous and dirty as Baltimo, and of course not as peace and clean as a small town. So it will be a good place to live and study I think.

DC is awesome, but I'm a city girl so my idea of expensive and dangerous may be different from yours. I mean, yes it is expensive, like any other city, but in my opinion it's worth it. It's hot and humid in the summer, which isn't pleasant, I will say that. But you can easily get around with no car, even from some of the suburbs.

DC is great. Try to live in NW DC if you want to have easy access to the city. Living in VA is fine, but it is an entirely different experience. It may just be across the river, but suddenly it is much more inconvenient to go out, walk the city, and make the most of what DC has to offer. Sure there are dangerous parts (every city has them) and yes the summers are hote and unpleasant, but the city i great! One of my favorites anywhere.

Thanks. Seem that DC is a good choice. Next question is can I lead an easy life with 1800 dollars per month?

$1800 monthly is very doable in DC. And you can actually live in the city with that amount. There are several high quality apartment buildings near Dupont and the U Street corridor that have apartments around a grand monthly for a 1 bedroom. The thing is that they are usually not advertised online and you would need to go to the buildings to speaker with the landlord.

As said in the above posts, you will be using public transport or even walking, so you will save a ton by not needing a car. Just be mindful of how often you would like to go out, because DC will tempt you with its many many cafes, bars, and restaurants. So yes, it is very doable with that budget.

Based on my experience: DC is very expensive. $1800 a month is doable but it will be tight. There will be no money for extras like travel or going out a lot or buying new stuff. If you live in the city, expect to pay at least $1000 for rent, probably not including utilities, cable, internet, etc. Factor in what you pay for a cell phone. Transportation, if you do not live within walking distance to school. It all adds up, but if you are careful you can do it. I live on just a bit more than you will have, and I'm comfortable and don't worry too much. Then again, I've gone through all my savings in the last year, so I suppose I am living above my means. But I have a boyfriend who lives in another state and so have spent a lot on airplane tickets.

DC is no more dangerous than any other city. Depends on where you live, and whether you use basic safety smarts. Don't walk in dark alleys at night, etc.