Harvard GSAS Notification Medium

jcauteru

I saw on the results forum a few notifications via the postal service and a few via the "website." Any idea how admission decisions are sent? Mail? Is the status updated on the apply-yourself site (it is the only website I know of for the application)? 

Can't seem to find any info on the admission department's site...

It's both: they send you a letter and also update the page. It's actually slightly difficult to spot on the webpage (I guess the letter is easy to spot in your mailbox at least!), but yeah it's on the apply-yourself site.

I am curious too. Could you tell us where the update is?

Probably the same for me as you guys. After the login page, you get a page with this stuff:

GSAS Application

something something 

LORs

Decision Status  Available beginning 2/6/2013

Your application decision is here, click me etc etc

Supplemental Data

something something

It's not actually in red of course, but that's where the decision goes, under your letter writers' details, and above your supplemental data thing.

I think the notification is done in a similar manner for all the schools that use apply-yourself. Seems to me they update the website and send you an email to check the site around the same time.

I know Yale is doing this way, but I haven't received any email from Harvard so far.

I know Yale is doing this way, but I haven't received any email from Harvard so far.

The Yale site looks to be the same as Harvard's for me. No emails, no status change, no mystery rows.

If you haven't seen anything yet from Harvard (or Yale for that matter) I wouldn't say it is necessarily a bad thing at this point. My friend gave me some good advice the other day, "Don't really freak out until the first week in March." 

If you look at the acceptance patterns (at least for Harvard) from last year, his advice seems to be more or less on target. 

The Yale site looks to be the same as Harvard's for me. No emails, no status change, no mystery rows.

If you haven't seen anything yet from Harvard (or Yale for that matter) I wouldn't say it is necessarily a bad thing at this point. My friend gave me some good advice the other day, "Don't really freak out until the first week in March." 

If you look at the acceptance patterns (at least for Harvard) from last year, his advice seems to be more or less on target. 

It might be good news that you haven't not heard from Yale so far. To my knowledge, it seems that people who have received emails were all rejected