Heard from Berkeley?

boneh3ad

Shit, I really was about to call, but everyone who calls is rejected. Looks like more waiting for me. Man this is driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!! :o:o:o :x :x :x :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :shock: :(:(:( :cry: :cry: :cry:

Shit, I really was about to call, but everyone who calls is rejected. Looks like more waiting for me. Man this is driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!! :o:o:o :x :x :x :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :shock: :(:(:( :cry: :cry: :cry:

*Really* don't think that calling the office has any bearing on whether they accept you or not - they're just looking names up in a database.

*Really* don't think that calling the office has any bearing on whether they accept you or not - they're just looking names up in a database.

Hey, allow me my irrationality please. haha

What number did you guys call to get your status? I think If I don't hear this afternoon I will call.

Well no Berkeley for me either... =(

They said that the emails were sent out, but there was some technical problem with their computer system so they didn't actually get sent and they are having their programmer work on it as we speak, so oh well.

Yeah, I'm going to Stanford. How about you? Did you get the funding you were waiting for?

without hearing anything on fellowship from neither berkeley or stanford, i am leaning toward stanford right now. stanford's package should be sent out 3/31.. so i will be anxiously checking my mailbox these days. as for cal, its package wont be available until after april 17... so that means i won't know how much they are giving me b4 i make the decision.

Nice. Almost applied there. Austin is an amazing city. Unfortunately they don't do a whole lot within thermal fluid sciences, so I opted not to apply there.

Nope, I didn't :(

I honestly didn't even know that UT was having one :?

It was a week ago. I called them up letting them know I was visiting and the graduate coordinator said if I wasn't going to the recruiting weekend, it would be best to just contact professors myself. I told him I hadn't heard about any recruiting weekend and he said it was only for the very best student since UT is covering all costs of the visit. But what really pissed me off was that I was in Austin the same two days as the recruiting weekend and they still didn't invite me to the events.

It gets me really annoyed how schools have all these tiers once they accept you. There are students they are paying for and care that you are there and then students who are paying there own way and they could care less about.

Especially when they say things like, "We feel you would be a better fit for the Masters program".

If only they could be a little more honest and upfront.