LBJ in admissions thread

MPPgal

The email on Tuesday said the official letters would come out "in the next few days", but still haven't heard yay or nay on funding...so frustrating!

yeah, it's somewhat ridiculous

You would think they would be able to get this done in a few months

I received an email from Prabhu this morning with funding information. They offered to waive out of state tuition and provided a stipend, albeit less than the amounts I've seen others post. I live in the western US if that helps. Also, I will most likely be declining the award, so that money should be freed up fairly soon.

I received an email from Prabhu this morning with funding information. They offered to waive out of state tuition and provided a stipend, albeit less than the amounts I've seen others post. I live in the western US if that helps. Also, I will most likely be declining the award, so that money should be freed up fairly soon.

Was Prabhu responding to an e-mail of yours or did she just send it to you?

Well congrats! Looks like you're going to GSPP though?

Thank you much! Yes, I have had my eye on Goldman for a while and would have chose GSPP w/o funding over LBJ fully-funded. Thankfully Goldman made the choice a lot easier on me.

Congrats to everyone on their admittance and awards. My status is still "Under Review." I have been accepted to GSPIA PITT, Korbel, and Patterson at Kentucky. I consider those programs to be in the range of LBJ. I submitted in late December. I'm starting to wonder what's going on with LBJ considering they were the first program due and now the last to get back to me. Any thoughts?

Congrats to everyone on their admittance and awards. My status is still "Under Review." I have been accepted to GSPIA PITT, Korbel, and Patterson at Kentucky. I consider those programs to be in the range of LBJ. I submitted in late December. I'm starting to wonder what's going on with LBJ considering they were the first program due and now the last to get back to me. Any thoughts?

I haven't heard from LBJ yet either. I found an email the admissions coordinator sent back in November, and it says decisions will be released in the first two weeks of March. Looks like they're right on schedule, and we have a few more days before we should allow ourselves to worry. (Ha!...)

I haven't heard from LBJ yet either. I found an email the admissions coordinator sent back in November, and it says decisions will be released in the first two weeks of March. Looks like they're right on schedule, and we have a few more days before we should allow ourselves to worry. (Ha!...)

Glad to know I'm not the only one. Congrats on Georgetown! What program did you apply to? I did Security, Law, and Diplomacy. Where are you leaning if you don't mind me asking? Their in-state tuition offer is pretty enticing at LBJ...

The Admissions Coordinator emailed me back saying that acceptances will continue to roll out until Monday, and that they're just manually updating the system as we speak. My status was "in review" until I emailed him and recieved my acceptance this morning....good luck!

Glad to know I'm not the only one. Congrats on Georgetown! What program did you apply to? I did Security, Law, and Diplomacy. Where are you leaning if you don't mind me asking? Their in-state tuition offer is pretty enticing at LBJ...

At UT? I applied to the MPAff. 

I have no idea! I didn't get a fellowship at Berkeley, and it sounds like it may take a few months to secure an assistantship, so that's not going to be a guarantee before April 15th. I didn't hear ANY financial information yet from Minnesota or Georgetown. I'm very confused right now. I really don't want massive loans, so I'm hoping something comes through soon.  

Do you know where you're leaning?

The Admissions Coordinator emailed me back saying that acceptances will continue to roll out until Monday, and that they're just manually updating the system as we speak. My status was "in review" until I emailed him and recieved my acceptance this morning....good luck!

Thanks for the update!

By your signature, looks like you got money too?

Is UT very generous or do we just have insanely qualified people on this board?

The longer I don't hear, the more worried I am that I am not going to receive any funding...

The longer I don't hear, the more worried I am that I am not going to receive any funding...

Haha, welcome aboard! I am in the same situation and wondering the same thing... I try to not let my brain eat itself..

Same here... Before the admission decision I was worried I wouldn't get in, now I'm worried I won't get any funding!

Edited by Miskina

UT must be very generous this year, because I applied straight from undergrad, with a 2.7 gpa and awful GRE scores....

UT must be very generous this year, because I applied straight from undergrad, with a 2.7 gpa and awful GRE scores....

Did you have relevant experience or something? Or something that would look real appealing?

Did you have relevant experience or something? Or something that would look real appealing?

I had a significant amount of relevant work on political campaigns (including some very big ones), some interesting undergrad research on health policy, a number of leadership positions held in years past, etc. Honestly though, I am thinking it must have been my awesome SOP I wrote (if I may be so humble), and my recommenders that all had a connection, one way or the other, to LBJ.