LBJ in admissions thread

MPPgal

So I received an email from Cathy White informing me of my acceptance (again), but no mention whatsoever of funding. However, the email included the enrollment confirmation form... Does that mean I´m not getting anything?

Well, I don't like being the one bringing that kind of news, but my admission letter from Cathy White, also contained funding information, as well as the enrollment form ...

Denied. I'm not that surprised, since I got a very vague response when I emailed Prabhu yesterday. Still kind of bummed, though, because I really love Austin. 

No, all my materials were in. I think UT wanted 6 credits of gov and 6 credits of econ. I fell a bit short there. I didn't think it would keep me out since it was recommended, not required, but that could have been it. 

Im just surprised as both of you got into really great places (congrats for that) maybe you were too good! I mean seriously a lot of people I know got rejected from berkeley and Duke so might just be something weird. I don´t know what courses constitute as "gov" Im an econ major and took some pol sci but not many (probably around 6 but that included internships and stuff)....who knows, well at least you got into awesome places :D

Hello everyone! I'd like to add myself to this thread since the LBJ School is at the top of my prospective schools list. I was accepted to the MGPS program for fall 2013. My focus will most likely be in the areas of international governance, international law, human rights monitoring, human rights advocacy, and transnational non-profit work.

Does anyone have similar interests or is planning to move to Austin with a partner (like I am planning to do)?

Not quite sure what to make of this, but....

Though I recieved an email from Prabhu last week congratulating me on my admittance and containing my acceptance letter in PDF form informing me of a full tuiton fellowship I have been selected to recieve, the mystatus portal was updated this morning to show that my application has been denied....Way to make my Spring Break a little more nervewracking guys. I am hoping this is just a simple administrative error.

Just received the dreaded no funding email. LBJ was the only program I applied to and the only one wanted to attend. Thought I had positioned myself well for at least some assistance given my experience and metrics, but it looks like they had other priorities. 

Call them right away !

Given that you had the official letter, I wouldn't be too worried anyway if I were you !

I think staff is off until Monday? or so I've been led to believe. I'm definitely calling in a bit, though.

Honestly, I am pretty suspicious. Didn't someone on here say that they were told there were a bunch of new people entering the decisions manually? And why would some who have gotten good news from Goldman and really good news from Duke get pinged at LBJ? Hmmm....

I think staff is off until Monday? or so I've been led to believe. I'm definitely calling in a bit, though.

Honestly, I am pretty suspicious. Didn't someone on here say that they were told there were a bunch of new people entering the decisions manually? And why would some who have gotten good news from Goldman and really good news from Duke get pinged at LBJ? Hmmm....

I've exchanged a few emails with Prabhu yesterday, so I don't think Admissions are off this week.

Edited by FrenchO

Just received the letter saying that I did not get funding. :( Does anyone know whether or not they redistribute funds that have been declined by scholarship recipients?

They typically "over-award" applicants with the expectation that about half will decline, so it's not likely. 

Hello everyone! I'd like to add myself to this thread since the LBJ School is at the top of my prospective schools list. I was accepted to the MGPS program for fall 2013. My focus will most likely be in the areas of international governance, international law, human rights monitoring, human rights advocacy, and transnational non-profit work.

Does anyone have similar interests or is planning to move to Austin with a partner (like I am planning to do)?

Hi all! I'm also tagging on to this thread. I was accepted to the LBJ MPAff program for Fall 2013 with a very generous scholarship, which makes the school mighty appealing. My interests are focused around domestic social/family policy. Like Kitten, I'll be moving to my grad school location with my partner - who will also be starting grad school at the same time. I'll be looking forward to having my own personal economics tutor  :) .

Is anyone planning on going to the April Open House?