Title IV-E Stipend Interviews

magiec

trying to bump this thread to get some input from anyone! Also tried bumping the thread that was talking generally about the application process for the IV-E stipend program so if anyone stumbles on this and has some insight on writing for the application that would be helpful, too :)

I am so very nervous about my interview! I was told there will be a writing portion and a few of my MSW friends told me they will give us scenerios... still waiting for more specific information.

I have not heard about a writing portion and they didn't mention it in the e-mail either. I have spoken to someone who graduated last year from the Title IV E program at Berkeley and she didn't mention a writing potion either. But she did mention the scenario. So nervous!!!! When is your interview? 

I have not heard about a writing portion and they didn't mention it in the e-mail either. I have spoken to someone who graduated last year from the Title IV E program at Berkeley and she didn't mention a writing potion either. But she did mention the scenario. So nervous!!!! When is your interview? 

My interview isn't at Berkeley and I didn't receive an e-mail, just a phone call.

I was told to study my child welfare information because it's similar to a CWW interview. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

They emailed me and said they are also mailing a letter. I'm still waiting on another school before I decide... I guess the interview went well! I thought the questions were pretty straightforward. Also another IV-E program I interviewed for had some of the same questions so I felt prepared.

They emailed me and said they are also mailing a letter. I'm still waiting on another school before I decide... I guess the interview went well! I thought the questions were pretty straightforward. Also another IV-E program I interviewed for had some of the same questions so I felt prepared.

Congrats!!! I hope I hear from them soon... which other school did you interview for?

@dida @sassa Great job in getting in! Atleast you know you're going somewhere.. Only applied to one... Withdrew submitting my app from East Bay since its not the school I would want to attend

@dida @sassa Great job in getting in! Atleast you know you're going somewhere.. Only applied to one... Withdrew submitting my app from East Bay since its not the school I would want to attend

Good luck! I didn't hear back from any schools yet..... :(

• 10 months later...

Hi, unfortunately I have an international trip already planned for end of February/beginning of March.  I'm hoping I get an interview for the IV-E program and wondering if I"m out of the country if they do interviews by Skype?  I assume not everyone who applies is local, so how does that work? 

Thanks.