BU Interviews for Fall 2013!

Whew! Done! I think it went well. Interview lasted just under 10 minutes via Skype. Questions are pretty basic, one that kind of took me off guard was "What do you think is an important issue in the field right now?" or something like that. But the interviewers were soo nice - they make the program seem really great.

Good luck to everyone else!!

Whew! Done! I think it went well. Interview lasted just under 10 minutes via Skype. Questions are pretty basic, one that kind of took me off guard was "What do you think is an important issue in the field right now?" or something like that. But the interviewers were soo nice - they make the program seem really great.

Good luck to everyone else!!

Yay! congratulations! :D I'm kind of wishing i could just get mine over with already!

Don't stress about the interviews! I had mine today and it was extremely laid back and the interviewers were unbelievably nice. It felt more like a conversation than an interview and went by really, really fast. Very general questions all about you. Good luck everyone!

Thanks to everyone commenting on this thread after interviewing. It's definitely helped me try to relax about the interview (and pass the time waiting for decisions from all the Boston area schools). I'm so excited about the opportunity but am also feeling so impatient. My interview isn't until 2:40 on Sunday. I'm hoping the rest of the weekend flies by so I can just interview already! Best of luck to everyone.

i just checked and the snow isn't supposed to start until saturday night so i think you'll be fine for your interview! getting out of boston might be more of an issue though.

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!! let us know how it goes :) My interview is over the weekend, and I'm a bit worried it will be cancelled because of the impending snow storm. I'm going to email Brie tomorrow to confirm.

I wouldn't worry about the snow. Boston is pretty good at warning people of a snowstorm. Nemo hit us pretty hard but as no one is even talking about this weekends snow (I had to do a google search to find a snow advisory), it will probably just be regular snow. The wind speeds predicted are pretty mild, especially for Boston. Your flight will probably not get cancelled due to the snow and I wouldn't expect any significant delays due to it either. Honestly, avoid driving if you are not used to driving in snow, bring warm clothes and good shoes. Good luck with your interviews (if they haven't already happened).  

I was told a few weeks ago that they would be sending out decisions the first week of March, but then someone mentioned during interviews that it could be more like mid-March. Anyone have any clue how many people they ended up interviewing? I feel like the interviews were so relaxed that it would be hard for them to narrow the pool down further.

I was told a few weeks ago that they would be sending out decisions the first week of March, but then someone mentioned during interviews that it could be more like mid-March. Anyone have any clue how many people they ended up interviewing? I feel like the interviews were so relaxed that it would be hard for them to narrow the pool down further.

i kind of got the feeling that they pretty much had already made their decisions and the interviews were just to double check (i.e. if someone they wanted to accept ended up being extremely hard to relate to and awkward in person or if someone they were leaning against ended up being really great and enthusiastic/warm, etc.). i'm just not sure how much else they could get out of a 10 minute interview! but i guess we will see..

Phew!  I just finished my interview a little under an hour ago.  Like everyone else mentioned, it was super laid back and the interviewers were a joy to speak with.  Good luck everyone!

They didn't ask me that! Haha

Did they give anyone a timeline after interviews of when decisions would be made?

I asked, they said they'd be sending out the letters at the end of the first week of March :)

Best of luck to everyone

Hey everyone,

Any idea when decisions are coming out? 

Cheers,

Ee.

Grrr I feel like we've all gotten conflicting info re: notifications :( Anybody brave enough to give them a call?! (Not me! ;)

I was brave enough to ask via e-mail, but no response :(

As an FYI, I was accepted to MGH today with scholarship. Any thoughts on BU vs MGH?

Cheers,

Ee.

Ahhh congrats on MGH! That is awesome :D And with a scholarship, too!!! 

Thanks for taking one for the team and emailing :P

I was brave enough to ask via e-mail, but no response :(

As an FYI, I was accepted to MGH today with scholarship. Any thoughts on BU vs MGH?

Cheers,

Ee.

Hey

I got accepted to MGH today. Could you plz let me know about the scholarship they have offered you?

Hey, did anyone NOT hear back from BU yet?? I'm taking no news as good news...?

I haven't heard back yet either...been sitting here constantly refreshing my email since this afternoon lol.  I'm hoping each of the acceptance emails were sent out individually, but I'm not getting my hopes up.  Anyone out there receive an acceptance since the initial ones around 4??