USC Applicants

CJMSW

How many people have applied to USC and have heard back?  What kind of experience do ya'll have? So excited to hear how everyone is making out with their application process to USC!

Hi I read your post in the experience topic. I can understand where you are coming from. I also applied to USC to their virtual campus. On resume my experience seems decent however the wait is making me second guess my chances. I only applied to one grad school.

I'm applying to Virtual Campus for Fall Cohort.  I am very light on experience but have a good GPA.  I'm only in week 2 of my wait and was told to expect up to five more weeks to wait, since they have to review applications for the summer cohort first.  USC is one of my top choices, so I'm crossing my fingers.

I'm applying for the May cohort sooo hopefully I should be hearing something soon. The wait is horrible. I submitted my application Dec 17 but it wasn't complete and submitted until Jan 22. I really don't want to consider another school besides USC.

Congrats!!!

Congrats!

Are you MSW or PhD?

I have applied to PhD and haven't heard anything yet.

Thank you!! I applied for the advanced standing MSW program at University Park. Don't even bother checking your application status on the actual application; mine still doesn't have any information about it. Just hold out for the email! 

I got my admissions email tonight and I'm proud to announce I am part of the Trojan family now!

Congratulations renerd! I'm surprised you heard so soon, there wasn't anything on the results page from the past few years until at least a week from now. Of course, now I will be even more jumpy every time my phone goes off. Did you maybe hear earlier because you have advanced standing? You didn't do any interview or anything, right? I'm guessing you didn't hear anything about financial aid in your acceptance email (my attendance is pretty much dependent on getting some financial help). When is your deadline to say you want to attend? Sorry to bombard you with questions... here I was not expecting to hear anything for a couple more weeks, now I can't stop thinking about it!

Congratulations renerd! I'm surprised you heard so soon, there wasn't anything on the results page from the past few years until at least a week from now. Of course, now I will be even more jumpy every time my phone goes off. Did you maybe hear earlier because you have advanced standing? You didn't do any interview or anything, right? I'm guessing you didn't hear anything about financial aid in your acceptance email (my attendance is pretty much dependent on getting some financial help). When is your deadline to say you want to attend? Sorry to bombard you with questions... here I was not expecting to hear anything for a couple more weeks, now I can't stop thinking about it!

Thank you!! I did apply for advanced standing, which is probably why I heard so early. Plus, I also completed my application back in December (original deadline was 12/15, then pushed back to 1/05). I think that might also be why I was contacted via email because I just checked the status page and it said I would only be receiving a decision via postal mail-- no emails or phone calls. I didn't hear much about financial aid, just that I got one scholarship and I hope that is not the final offer because that's a HUGE factor for me. And they actually want me to confirm by next Thursday which is such a small window I think. Hope that helps!

Thank you!! I did apply for advanced standing, which is probably why I heard so early. Plus, I also completed my application back in December (original deadline was 12/15, then pushed back to 1/05). I think that might also be why I was contacted via email because I just checked the status page and it said I would only be receiving a decision via postal mail-- no emails or phone calls. I didn't hear much about financial aid, just that I got one scholarship and I hope that is not the final offer because that's a HUGE factor for me. And they actually want me to confirm by next Thursday which is such a small window I think. Hope that helps!

Great accomplishment! I wish I had my BSW to apply for advanced standing; shortens that MSW!  Hoping I will hear in the next few weeks.