PhD in Chemical Engineering: North Carolina State University v/s Texas A&M University

Dishit Parekh

Hi Guys,

I have receive admits from both NCSU and Texas A&M University for pursuing my Doctoral Degree in Chemical Engineering (5 year MS-PhD integrated program). I am really confused on how to make a choice out of both. Please can anyone help me out???

Thanks!!! :)

You should consider funding, past alumni's job placement record and faculty profiles in your specialization.

All things being equal, go to Univ of Texas A&M - even if funding is a little less than at NCSU.

Edited by Seeking

You should consider funding, past alumni's job placement record and faculty profiles in your specialization.

All things being equal, go to Univ of Texas A&M - even if funding is a little less than at NCSU.

agree with him, go to Texas A&M. overall rank of the university is better than NCSU.

Congrats, Dishit!

Will you be able to visit both schools? The city of College Station, TX is going to be much different than that of Raleigh, NC. I don't know how important that factor is to you though.

Texas is a great place to live overall, and A&M has an excellent reputation, in this part of the country especially, as being a mainstay for engineers.

Good luck with your decision, and let us know the outcome!

• 4 weeks later...

I heard that sometimes big companies hire entire graduating classes of Texas A&M engineering students.

But I would definitely choose A&M anyway. That is an uncommon offer, and you should really be proud of it. College Station is a big city full of undergrads, which might be the only negative in my opinion, unless you like partying (probably not since you're chemE). Otherwise Texas is a fantastic place to start a career and to live. 

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use