Full Ride to Maxwell or HKS with only partial funding?

vincehoward

Hey all. What would you do in this situation? I'm giving Maxwell a lot of thought (recently admitted) because the program is only one year and it's way more likely that I will get funding there. Would choosing Maxwell over Harvard be a poor decision no matter what? I'm looking to either apply for PhD programs or a program like PMF as opportunities post grad.

It depends. After HKS you will have to pay back around 1,300-1,500 USD monthly for your loan(130,000USD) for 10 years if I am correct. Since you plan to pursue higher Ed, will you be able to afford it? Harvard is nice on the resume though. 

Edited by plenum123

Hi,

I got admitted to Maxwell as well. But for the MAIR program. Can anyone tell me how good it is? My interest is foreign policy with a concentration on South Asia.

Maxwell is the first school I've heard from. Waiting for Elliott(GW), Georgetown, SIPA(Columbia),Josef Korbel(Denver), SIS(American).

Still wondering how someone is debating "HKS with partial funding" before admissions decisions have even been sent out...

It's a hypothetical scenario. I'm curious what people here would do in this situation. Sorry if that wasn't clear.