MIT Aero/Astro Fall 2013

ssingh

I think that people need to stop jumping the gun on the results page, and only post if they have received official notification from the school. None of this "assume rejected because admits were sent out". If you get one of those emails, post it in a forum like this, not the results page. As far as the decision goes, it would be great to be accepted, but it is not the end of the world. I at least have three other admits, two of which with funding. 

That being said, every time I get a new email I get a little nervous inside because it might be from MIT...

I emailed Beth too, same answer :)

Hi **,

Thanks for your message. Our faculty are working to finalize all decisions this week, and we are on track to notify all applicants of those decisions on or by March 1, via email. There will be no update to your status available until you receive your notification email from me. If you have not received a decision at this point, it absolutely does not mean that you are being rejected.

Best,

Beth Marois

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I am applying for master btw

Hey guys

Take whatever's written on the results page with a bagful of salt. The posting there is anonymous and there are always trolls out there trying to have fun at our expense. That said it would be good if all the people who have received decisions post here so others can follow up with you if they need more info. I guess that will help calm all the nerves. 

Update from my side:

I received a mail from Beth today regarding the invite to the Aero open house on 15th March. Unfortunately though no reimbursement has been offered for the trip. And air fares at this short a notice would be prohibitive not to mention the lengthy visa process. So it looks as if I might not be able to attend the open house

Well, I'm sorry to discourage all but I have some ominous feelings... 

Just look at the post from last year: 

They are waiting for the result and Beth told them almost the same thing: there are still more admissions...

However, it turned out none of them got the acceptances, even a wait-list.

I keep thinking that if someone is qualified for a program, what is the committee waiting for?

Again, I'm sorry if I make any of you upset. It's always good to have positive thinking anyways. 

Well, I'm sorry to discourage all but I have some ominous feelings... 

Just look at the post from last year: 

They are waiting for the result and Beth told them almost the same thing: there are still more admissions...

However, it turned out none of them got the acceptances, even a wait-list.

I keep thinking that if someone is qualified for a program, what is the committee waiting for?

Again, I'm sorry if I make any of you upset. It's always good to have positive thinking anyways. 

That was a very sad thread...

Today they sent an email out to the AA profs about the March 15th open house.

It states that admitted students have be told to contact profs ahead of time to arrange meetings. And to expect emails from students 'very soon'.

FYI

Edited by ltvg4g

I doubt they would wait to send rejections. There are probably looking for a couple of other students to admit i guess. So, though very small, there might be a little chance! :)

I doubt they would wait to send rejections. There are probably looking for a couple of other students to admit i guess. So, though very small, there might be a little chance! :)

Waiting till Friday so people have the weekend to heal?

I can't take this anymore. Another long day of refreshing emails just to get a rejection in 24 hours time? Sigh...

Any word from Caltech? When are they supposed to be out? When I emailed them, they said 'soon'. How long is a piece of string??

It seems that MIT follows their routine. The last day of Feb is the day for wait list, and May 1st is definitely for rejections.

People do get in from a wait list. Check the last post from last year. It was an acceptance from wait-list.

What makes me really confused is Stanford's behavior. I don't know what are they waiting for. No rejections were posted. No news at all since the end of Jan.

@zecone13

It's much better than a rejection! Hope you can get off from the waitlist.

BTW, do you hear anything back from Stanford? 

More waitlist posted for phd program...

Edited by mnipenny

Yeah def. 

I have not heard from Stanford yet. I'm not sure what's taking so long but I'm leaving the country with no internet for 1 month in another 3 days, so hopefully they respond soon!

Looks like waitlist day is over, i dont wanna get their damn generic reject letter, dont understand why they are waiting until the last day to send all their rejects

It is probably better to hear bad news at the end of the week.

Guys,

I'll tell my story, i applied for my masters to mit aero 2 years ago and got rejected. I got accepted to purdue aero astro, did 2 years of research woth 5 papers, 4:00 gpa at purdue. Then I applied to MIT aero astro for my phd. They rejected me again :D funny but true. I dont understand what they are looking for....

Edited by balnitsa_grd