NYU Steinhardt art therapy program interview

jghan17

• 2 weeks later...

Hey jghan17, 

I received an email from them on 2/10/13 to schedule an interview/workshop.  I will be flying out there this Saturday for my interview.  Maybe try contacting them to check your status on your application.  Btw, I applied super early...December last year.  When did you apply?  If you applied a little later, maybe that might be the reason for the delay?   <_<

Edited by syou

• 11 months later...

hey wind, 

i'm not sure if their process has changed at all since my interview with them was last year...but you basically walk into a room with large work tables-about 4 chairs to a table. there's paper, some crayons, pencil and eraser.  you are asked to conduct about 3 or 4 assignments in that room while called out individually for personal one-on-one interviews. once your interview is over, you go back to completing your projects and leave.  the whole process took about 3-4 hours.  good luck!   :)

• 2 weeks later...

Syou, 

Thanks a lot! I'm just really worried about the interview. Never was good at those. Was it terrible?

Cxrinx, 

Yes, I was contacted last month about it via email.

hey wind, 

honestly...and oddly, i was not nervous at all about the interview.  the workshop was pretty interesting and i was pretty relaxed for the one-on-one interview.  just remember to breathe and be yourself!   :)   you'll be fine.  remember, they get about 140 applicants and only call about 30 so you obviously stood out and are qualified.  so whatever the end results are, be proud of yourself!  and again, good luck!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi AnnS, 

I'm having my interview next week and I'm wondering if you have interviewed yet? What's the workshop like? Any tips would be appreciated!! Thanks!!

• 2 years later...

Hi guys, 

Had an interview today and hope this information will be helpful to thoes who was seaching for the info just like me. 

The interview consis of 3 tasks. As of 02/23/19 it could change from years to years

task 1 - complete the drawing using squiggle lines provided. It can not be abstract form and can only us pencil. 

Task 2 - there were a short narrative story to read and you draw , using color charcoal on an A3 gray paper to capture a scene from the story. 

Task 3 - draw 3 images/ or more. To narrate your story, it should have a beggin, the middle, and ending

hopes this helps a bit