Submitted a 4 sentence, 91 word SOP. Am I screwed?

Made a major mistake and submitted a 4 sentence, 91 word SOP. Am I screwed? I never thought it was a SOP. There was a blank field asking me what my interests are and my goals. I answered as succinctly as possible. 

Edited by drpepper711

Are you sure it was the actual SOP? On some applications there's a 'short' form where, obviously, you give a brief statement, and then there's a page where you upload a document, which is your full SOP (as well as your CV, other documents, etc.). 

BTW, I replied in your other thread; so you are applying now? If so, best of luck!

@ wtnsff: I am applying this year, but the grad coordinator said chances are slim to none for this year cause it is late.

I actually looked back on the site and for the master application it says you have to attach a separate SOP, but it doesn't state this for the PHD program. Maybe they forgot to add it? I can't imagine the process would differ like this.

which university did you apply to?

this is very common on canadian grad applications and it is really annoying because the field doesn't give any indication of max or suggested length.

write a 1 page SOP right away and email it to the grad secretary. it will undoubtedly be added to your file. I wouldn't worry but be quick about it.

Edited by selecttext

When I applied to ECU, they said "no SOP" but had us fill out a supplemental questionaire-- one of the questions was like yours (interests / goals).  I basically took my SOP that I had prepared, tailored it to ECU, then pared it down to fit within the number of words allowed to answer in the box (I think it was 100 words max).  Maybe your application wasn't a true SOP.  You can call the program coordinator or admissions secretary to ask about that, and also to add a real SOP to your application, if you feel it is necessary. Some programs simply don't want to read those papers, even if it is limited to 1 or 2 pages.  They'd rather have categorized answers that they can cross-compare with other applicants.