Jump to content

TA/RA for MS


Recommended Posts

Hello all,


I have received an admit from UPenn and CMU for M.S. However, none of the letters indicate any assistantship/fellowship. There is no way I would be able to afford it without any aid from the institute. How shall I go about asking them for a TA/RA? Is it too early for this or is it okay if I approach the program coordinator directly?


Thanks in advance!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you looked for external funding? I know there are grants you can apply for even for MS, though I'm not able to remember them right now. If I think of them, I will post them. It also depends on your field... it might be easier to find funding for a masters in the life or physical sciences than funding for something liberal arts based.


I feel like in most programs, only PhD students are funding. I got lucky and was funding for my masters, but I'm at a small school with very little exposure to new applicants.

Edited by biotechie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use