Senior class advice (interested in pathobiology and infectious diseases)

HemustBeMagic

I'm going to be a senior next year and I'm considering and curious about going down the infectious Disease or pathobiology with a  global health route. That being said I'm a little curious about upper level classes I should take. Because of my course load and lab I work in (plus...you know, actual work) I won't be able to take ALL the classes I wanted to take, thus I must cut 2 of them. I'm not sure if I should take:

• Orgo 2 and Biochem 2 (but cut virology and Bacterial Physiology)

or

• Virology and Bacterial Physiology (and cut orgo 2 and biochem 2)

I'll still have orgo 1 and biochem 1 on my transcript but i'm just not sure which one would be more useful.

If it helps I also have under my belt

• Microbiology
  • Orgo 1
  • Molecular
  • Cell
  • Bio Chem 1
  • Genetics
  • Bio Stat
  • Bio Ethics

Thanks a lot for any help you can give.

I'm going to be a senior next year and I'm considering and curious about going down the infectious Disease or pathobiology with a  global health route. That being said I'm a little curious about upper level classes I should take. Because of my course load and lab I work in (plus...you know, actual work) I won't be able to take ALL the classes I wanted to take, thus I must cut 2 of them. I'm not sure if I should take:

• Orgo 2 and Biochem 2 (but cut virology and Bacterial Physiology)

or

• Virology and Bacterial Physiology (and cut orgo 2 and biochem 2)

I'll still have orgo 1 and biochem 1 on my transcript but i'm just not sure which one would be more useful.

If it helps I also have under my belt

• Microbiology
  • Orgo 1
  • Molecular
  • Cell
  • Bio Chem 1
  • Genetics
  • Bio Stat
  • Bio Ethics

Thanks a lot for any help you can give.

You will need Orgo 2 for most biology based grad programs. I'd go Orgo 2 and Biochem 2 and worry about more specialized classes as a Grad student.

I'd also recommend taking orgo 2, as it will be required by most programs. Biochem 2 at my undergrad institution was mostly metabolic pathways and protein biochemistry. A course in biochem looks good, but two looks great. There are a lot of applicants who do not have courses in biochemistry. Such a shame, the orgo 2 and virology would be the best combo for me.