Holding out is so hard to do!

ProspectStu8735

I've now been admitted to several extraordinary programs, but one is the clear stand out based on the information I now have.  I've got a round of campus visits coming up next month and don't want to make a final decision until I've met with my potential advisors at the various programs (and heard back from the other two programs on which I'm waiting).  But, alas, the desire to declare my undying love for (and enrollment at) my current #1 program is nearly unbearable.  Holding out is just so hard!  Any coping strategies or co-commiserators out there?

Edited by ProspectStu8735

Yes! 

A bit of a different situation, because I got admitted to my #1 with (beyond) full funding, but only have 2 rejection outside of that. I'm still waiting on 4 schools, but I just want to say yes to the only (and best) admit!

So this doesn't productively contribute to the conversation, but this. I'm not the only one.

I'm just planning as if I've already pulled that proverbial trigger (my last visit isn't until April!) and have been trying to use other contacts as practice for dream school/future networking opportunities.

Still dying for some concrete plans, though. 

It's especially hard when the school keeps contacting you reminding you of the 4/15 deadline and encouraging you to accept and pay the deposit NOW! even though they have yet to release any funding information.

It's especially hard when the school keeps contacting you reminding you of the 4/15 deadline and encouraging you to accept and pay the deposit NOW! even though they have yet to release any funding information.
Exactly! Except my deadline is April 1st! (Art schools do what they want in regards to deposit deadlines.)