School of the Art institute of Chicago - M. Arch w/ emphasis in Interior Architecture

Hey All,

Can anyone tell me anything about the SAIC M.Arch w/ emphasis in interior architecture program (the 3+ program)? I would appreciate it if someone who is currently in the program or a recent graduate would respond. Please include strengths and weaknesses.

Thanks

Hi! I posted the acceptance to SAIC's MArch interiors. From what I've gathered so far, it is first and foremost an architecture program with classes in interiors. The facilities are incredible and there seems to be an emphasis on theory in practice. My only hesitations about the program are that the interiors emphasis is not strong enough, and that the program is incredibly expensive. I plan on emailing the program director to try and get some my questions answered. I too am curious how others perceive the program.

Thanks for responding. Also congrats on your acceptance. Some feedback I've received regarding the program from past students includes that overall, the program is practical and provides a solid foundation in design. Strengths considered are professors, study abroad opportunities, and as you mentioned, facilities. Also, the choice of interdisciplinary electives has been noted as a plus. There's also electives for such software as Revit. It was mentioned that at times there could have been a stronger emphasis on interiors, but electives can help with that and it could be better in that aspect now.

• 2 months later...

Hi! I also got acceptance from this programme. But I don't have any negative or positive information bout it yet. if you guys share your ideas with I would be so glad. my concern is NAAB accreditation. I am international student so I am not so familiar with that issue. Could you please tell me about it if you know what is what in that issue. thanks..