UCLA Public Policy

Hello,

Has anyone heard from Luskin yet? Any idea when they will send out decisions?

Thank you!

I have not heard from Luskin yet.  I believe decisions are sent out mid-March, but I am not 100% certain about the date.  

yeah i am eagerly awaiting.  heard back from USC but not UCLA or Irvine yet.  without meaning to threadjack, what are you opinions and or impressions regarding USC and UCLA for public policy, for someone planning to study econ development?

Edited by dyavrom

I was given the Luskin fellowship.  It says it's for the 2013-14 year.  Does anyone know what happens the year after, meaning are most fellowships just one year and then you're on your own?  

I just received my acceptance letter today for Luskin's MPP program. As far as I know I received no scholarships or fellowships, and don't think that I will.

Here are my stats for those current and future applicants who will probably be browsing this forum wondering, as I did, "Am I competitive???"

Undergrad Institution: UC Berkeley (I was a junior transfer)

Major: Media Studies

Minor: Disability Studies

GPA: 3.6

GRE: Verbal: 161, Quantitive: 154, Analytical Writing: 5.0

Extra Curricular/Employment/Etc: Two policy related research apprenticeships at Cal, Grants & Contracts position at a major department/institution within UC Berkeley, year of volunteering at a Healthcare related non-profit, high school congressional internship. I am graduating this Spring (2013), so I applied with essentially no professional experience. 

I was also admitted to the only other MPP program I applied to on February 13th, USC Price and received a 1/2 tuition scholarship. 

just got my acceptance letter today, got in :)  stats weren't as stellar as most...3.4 gpa from UC Davis, 2 years exp as a photojournalist, 50-70th percentile on my GREs.

If you haven't heard from them yet, I suggest calling because when i did we realized there was a hiccup with my transcript.

best of luck to all

Edited by dyavrom

just got my acceptance letter today, got in :)  stats weren't as stellar as most...3.4 gpa from UC Davis, 2 years exp as a photojournalist, 50-70th percentile on my GREs.

If you haven't heard from them yet, I suggest calling because when i did we realized there was a hiccup with my transcript.

best of luck to all

Did you speak with Nancy? It seems like the number on their website goes directly to her, so I've been unclear if there is a more general line I could call. Going a bit crazy over here...haven't heard anything yet. I did receive a request for my formal transcripts about 2 weeks ago, so I'm wondering if there was an issue with that (they were mailed directly from my college). Left a VM for Nancy yesterday but I hate sitting around waiting for a return call...also don't want to be a pest. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Did you speak with Nancy? It seems like the number on their website goes directly to her, so I've been unclear if there is a more general line I could call. Going a bit crazy over here...haven't heard anything yet. I did receive a request for my formal transcripts about 2 weeks ago, so I'm wondering if there was an issue with that (they were mailed directly from my college). Left a VM for Nancy yesterday but I hate sitting around waiting for a return call...also don't want to be a pest. Any advice would be much appreciated!

yeah no worries, i called her yesterday but she didn't pick up (busy im sure) so I emailed her and asked her if I can check the status of my app and thats how i got the info on my missing transcript (later we realized it was in a diff department and all was good)...they emailed me later that night (around 6:30pm) saying i got in.  i'd try emailing her as she normally replies back same day.  and although she said that are winding down the reviewing process, they are still going over 'em.

good luck!

yeah no worries, i called her yesterday but she didn't pick up (busy im sure) so I emailed her and asked her if I can check the status of my app and thats how i got the info on my missing transcript (later we realized it was in a diff department and all was good)...they emailed me later that night (around 6:30pm) saying i got in.  i'd try emailing her as she normally replies back same day.  and although she said that are winding down the reviewing process, they are still going over 'em.

good luck!

Thank you!

Yay, I'm in (finally!!). Turns out that my official transcript got lost in the mail and it took several days to straighten things out. Very happy to learn that UCLA is an option for me, seems like a great program and I'm already a CA resident so I would pay in-state tuition. Now...to see if I can get off the waitlist at Berkeley....I also got admitted to Harris but didn't receive any financial aid and I just can't justify paying more than twice the cost of tuition compared to what I would pay if I attended a UC school.

Anyone going to the admitted students event April 1? 

Yay, I'm in (finally!!). Turns out that my official transcript got lost in the mail and it took several days to straighten things out. Very happy to learn that UCLA is an option for me, seems like a great program and I'm already a CA resident so I would pay in-state tuition. Now...to see if I can get off the waitlist at Berkeley....I also got admitted to Harris but didn't receive any financial aid and I just can't justify paying more than twice the cost of tuition compared to what I would pay if I attended a UC school.

Anyone going to the admitted students event April 1? 

Congrats!  I will be attending the event.  Have they released details on it?