What can i do to better chances?

i have probably posted this already but i am having major anxiety about my future

Double Major Psych/SLP Psych gpa is about a 3.5 or 3.4

Overall right now is 3.36 i plan on taking classes during the summer

My SLP gpa right now is a 3.0 (i still have this semester and next,)

work related experience 2yrs+

Research experience

BCaBA

Nsslha

Psi Chi

Spanish/English

I would say to concentrate on the GRE too and concentrate on getting good letters of recommendation since those are big in deciding whether or not to accept an applicant too.

If I don't get an offer this year, I plan to take a GRE class... let's face it, it has been been since 2007 that I did any academic writing or math... teaching K-12 and K-5 school during those 6 years hasn't helped my skills, to say the least!  If I can't take a GRE class in person, I plan to complete it online and then take the GRE in the fall.  Praying I get in somewhere this time, so I can do my GRE class and re-take for when I apply for the PhD program.  So, if the GRE is a weakness, look for GRE pre-courses or books that will help jump up your score.  

I am also going to keep taking classes, interact with the professor, etc., so that I can get good LORs - in the end, those can make the biggest difference.  I felt pretty happy with my SOP this go-round, but I have thought of things I can say next time I apply.  I feel like I got good letter this time, but since it will have been a year since I had those same prof's for another round of applications, I will need new (and more current) references. 

Big thing around the forums is GPA.  Just make sure you do everything you can to keep it as high as possible.  Numbers don't necessarily make you get in, but they can keep you from getting past the initial cuts that admissions committees make.  

This answer may not be relevant depending on the nature of your related work experience, however: 

My advice would be to obtain as much experience related to SLP as possible (volunteering, shadowing etc.) to strengthen your application. A variety of populations is important as well (kids, adults, special needs etc.). Experience is important, because if you make the minimum cut offs, you need to stand out in some way. That being said, the quality of your experiences has to be high enough so that you can reflect on them in your statement of purpose. I have been told  to "show not tell", so drawing on my experiences has been the best help with my SOP (what has motivated me to pursue SLP, what populations I would like to work with and why, issues in the field etc.). Having practical experience will also let them know that you are serious and understand what you're getting into. 

Acceptances/rejections can be so random, so program "fit" is also very important. Apply to programs that will meet your goals and be very explicit why. Oh, and apply broadly!! I can't stress this enough, go for both "reach" schools and "safety" schools. Every program has a unique formula that weighs GPA/GRE/letters/SOP/CV differently..so you never know what may work in your favour. I have definitely felt that "anxiety about the future" (and still do!), but try not to worry, because it seems like you are on the right track. 

Edited by MagentaMacaron

You've gotten a lot of awesome advice, but I also want to stress GRADES and LORs since you can actively do something about them right now. You really want to pump up your GPA as much as possible during your last semesters, and you will eventually need to ask profs for LORs, so aim for A's, participate as much as possible, and establish relationships while you can. You want to be memorable.

Also, start preparing for the GRE ASAP and give yourself time for a retake just in case. Stay busy with SLP-related work, shadowing, or volunteer positions for your CV and SOP. Figure out the programs you're interested in and visit the schools if possible. Tailor your SOPs to show why you're a great fit for certain programs and that you've done your research.

And while I didn't do this due to personal reasons, apply to a good number of schools of varying competitiveness. The admissions process can be highly unpredictable.

Just a little advice regarding the GRE. I wish someone had told me this before, but you DO NOT need a gazillion prep books/flashcards/whatever to do well. They vary wildly in terms of quality. For example, the Kaplan quantitative book was ridiculously simple, but the MAGOOSH (an online prep company) quantiative questions had me panicking because they were so difficult.

The official ETS prep material is the most accurate (in terms of difficulty and types of questions you will see). I also liked the Kaplan flashcards. The MAGOOSH blog was very helpful in terms of little tips/strategies.

Do as many of the ETS practice tests (Powerprep!!) as possible and TIME YOURSELF. I totally psyched myself out before taking the GRE and kept prologing my testing date. The GRE is definitely not impossible (it made me seriously reconsider applying to U.S. programs..ugh..so silly). You do need to put some effort into it. However, the exam is simply testing your ability to take the GRE. So keep practicing with the proper time constraints in an environment similar to the testing environment, until you obtain a Powerprep score you are comfortable with.

Just a little advice regarding the GRE. I wish someone had told me this before, but you DO NOT need a gazillion prep books/flashcards/whatever to do well. They vary wildly in terms of quality. For example, the Kaplan quantitative book was ridiculously simple, but the MAGOOSH (an online prep company) quantiative questions had me panicking because they were so difficult.

The official ETS prep material is the most accurate (in terms of difficulty and types of questions you will see). I also liked the Kaplan flashcards. The MAGOOSH blog was very helpful in terms of little tips/strategies.

Do as many of the ETS practice tests (Powerprep!!) as possible and TIME YOURSELF. I totally psyched myself out before taking the GRE and kept prologing my testing date. The GRE is definitely not impossible (it made me seriously reconsider applying to U.S. programs..ugh..so silly). You do need to put some effort into it. However, the exam is simply testing your ability to take the GRE. So keep practicing with the proper time constraints in an environment similar to the testing environment, until you obtain a Powerprep score you are comfortable with.

Another note on GREs: Check to see if your unversity offers any help. The school where I'm doing my pre-reqs (UT Austin) offered free prep courses through the tutoring center. I took a quantitative prep course that met weekly for 6 weeks, which helped refresh a few math concepts I hadn't seen in 10+ years.