NYU Arthur L. Carter Institute!!!!

rllnyc

I just received a call saying I have been accepted & I'm receiving a scholarship!!!!!!!!! I've never been more excited....this has been my dream school since I was a teenager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone currently attending or waiting to hear back? Is this program pretty on par with Columbia's J school? Any insights would be great! 

Congrats! Do you mind if I ask about your profile? I'm waiting to hear back from NYU too. Your post made me race to check my phone and I almost lost it when I saw I had three missed calls - all of which were unrelated. Aghh

@canonindie - I'm waiting to hear back from Studio 20 as well! Filling my time freaking out until then.

That's frustrating! It must have just been the magazine writing that heard back today.

My undergrad gpa was 3.68 (majored in communications), got average GRE scores, really strong recommendations. 

Hi all,

I got accepted to the Magazine Writing program too..Were you notified of a scholarship in the same email you received from Meryl gordon?

I am international student so any insight into the program and job opportunities will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi all,

I got accepted to the Magazine Writing program too..Were you notified of a scholarship in the same email you received from Meryl gordon?

I am international student so any insight into the program and job opportunities will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello! Yes.....first  I received a phone call from Meryl, then a few hours later I received the email from her that also included scholarship information. I got an email from the GSAS this morning.

I'm just being paranoid with the whole "Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute has recommended to the New York University Graduate School of Arts and Science that you be offered admission to our Studio 20 master's program" right? Am I in!?

Edited by hayahtnamas

I'm just being paranoid with the whole "Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute has recommended to the New York University Graduate School of Arts and Science that you be offered admission to our Studio 20 master's program" right? Am I in!?

You definitely are!!!!!!! That's what my first email said. Then came the official GSAS email the next morning. Don't worry! :)

I got in to the magazine program!!!! woohooo!! Who's with me??? I also got into university of maryland!

I'm in that program too!! Do you know if you're accepting yet? Congrats by the way!

I'm in that program too!! Do you know if you're accepting yet? Congrats by the way!

Most likely I will be but im just waiting to hear back from CUNY. Then I need to take a step back and compare the pros and cons of each. NYU is just so expensive..lol

Hey guys, just saw this thread! Was accepted for Journalism a while ago. However, I also just got into Syracuse. So it's essentially 'Cuse vs. NYU.

NYU has a better name, but it's also quite expensive. At least I still have some time to decide :/.

In the meantime, Magazine Writing anyone?  B)  

I might plan a visit on the same weekend that Columbia's having their open house. Even if they don't have a formal thing, we could still probably sit in on a class or shadow someone in the program.

I was definitely thinking that...except the response date for NYU is April 15th...which is before the Columbia/CUNY open house weekend 4/19-4/20...and way before 5/1...