Northeastern University

hi ive been following this thread for a while so i figured id join in....im still anxiously awaiting a decision as well :(( the waiting is killing me since northeastern is my absolute top choice for next year, but im keeping my fingers crossed for everyone. thank you to those of you who have posted updates on this thread, if anyone else hears anymore information please let us know!

I keep hearing, through several different avenues, that NU is still reviewing apps and that they have about 3-4 people looking at well over 400 applicants for the 35-40 spots. I just wish I knew more about the specific process. NU is my ONLY choice...(I know, I know...but I do have my reasons)...so I'm in limbo about my plans for September. (Aren't we all?) ; )

Good luck, eekg23!

I too am still waiting to hear from NU. This is my second year applying so I am hoping that this year brings better news than last year! I have had no change in my application since applying, which makes me very nervous since the portal looks the same as it did last year when I was rejected...hoping that there's still a chance!

• 2 weeks later...

So, for those of you still waiting to hear from NU, here's what I know...

Apparently, groups of apps were given to several faculty members to review and the deadline for their recommendations to be returned to the admissions office isn't until April 15th! Now, the e-mail I received several weeks ago said I would hear by April 15th "at the latest". The 15th is a holiday here in MA and the university is closed...not sure what that means for us.

The results board has been very quiet with NU news for the past few weeks!

Good luck to those still waiting!

Apparently, groups of apps were given to several faculty members to review and the deadline for their recommendations to be returned to the admissions office isn't until April 15th! Now, the e-mail I received several weeks ago said I would hear by April 15th "at the latest". The 15th is a holiday here in MA and the university is closed...not sure what that means for us.

Thanks for the info.!  I was wondering... and this doesn't make me impressed by NU. ;)  Luckily I've a deposit elsewhere, but would like to know nonetheless.

Thank you for sharing this information! On this note, UGH- I just got off the phone with the Bouve College contact and she said that "the remainder of the applicants should be hearing shortly, as letters were placed in the mail today." This feels like bad news to me, as I was notified via postal service last year, and it looks as though anyone wait-listed or accepted was notified on the website. Seems cruel to me to have made us wait this long if everyone waiting is really getting rejected. 

If you've been waitlisted, check your portal! They accepted me off the waitlist today without emailing me that a change had been made. I'm really upset now because my heart has been set on FSU but this caused me to rethink things.

hey everyone...so I know northeastern said we would be hearing april 15th by the latest...but if the university is closed, can we really expect to hear anything today? Im just so anxious!

So, I don't think we'll hear anything from NU today online because you're right...they are closed. However, someone who called was told that the "remainder" of the applicants will hear shortly because they sent letters out on Friday. To me, that says I'm getting a rejection letter...probably today because I live in the Boston area. We'll see what happens.

So it seems like all of us who hadn't heard anything online are getting rejection letters in the mail. It's a little frustrating that they wouldn't tell us that online, the way they told people they were giving good news...

So you still haven't heard, srh? That could be good news. I got my letter Tuesday. I agree, the portal should really be updated to let us know ASAP. Good luck...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

no, I got my rejection letter Friday. I was just posting that to let anyone who hadn't heard yet know... Though thinking about it, I'm probably one of the last to hear, considering I'm currently living on the west coast. Thanks for thinking of me, BostonTeach!

Edited by srh