Does this sound like an acceptance?

BradL928

I recently got this as an email.

Does this sound like an acceptance to anyone?

"We are in the middle of reviewing your application and plan to send notification letters out on March 23. Included in the acceptance packet will be a financial aid letter informing you of the various types of aid for which you will be eligible. If you haven't done so already, please file your FAFSA form as soon as possible. If you have questions about the financial aid process, feel free to contact me."

I'm not trying to be the Negative Nelly (hahaha) here, but maybe they just tried to cover as many bases as possible with one single form email?

(i.e. Let everyone know they are reviewing, when the letters will be sent and that if it's an acceptance what they will be sending.)

Honestly though, that is a REALLY cryptic email. Very confusing!

I agree with BradL, it sounds like maybe they are just trying to explain why you should fill out the FAFSA now (so if they do accept you, they will be able to tell you the aid you qualify for in the acceptance package). It is a bizarre letter.

I agree with BradL, it sounds like maybe they are just trying to explain why you should fill out the FAFSA now (so if they do accept you, they will be able to tell you the aid you qualify for in the acceptance package). It is a bizarre letter.

I agree with this. I think the letter was perhaps just somewhat poorly written/phrased.

I recently got this as an email.

Does this sound like an acceptance to anyone?

"We are in the middle of reviewing your application and plan to send notification letters out on March 23. Included in the acceptance packet will be a financial aid letter informing you of the various types of aid for which you will be eligible. If you haven't done so already, please file your FAFSA form as soon as possible. If you have questions about the financial aid process, feel free to contact me."

Given that, for me, most of the time, hope sprigs eternal, I think it's a good sign. I might be completely off the mark, but it looks to me like they are eyeing your application as a possible admit. Either that or my lack of sleep and growing insanity due to this process is finally getting to me...