MIT ESD PhD applicants?

mmajum01

Sure. Here are my stats:

Undergrad at Top 30 School (BS, Civil and Environmental Engineering 2012), 3.64 (3.82 Major GPA)
Grad at Top 30 School (MPH, Epidemiology and Biostatistics 2013), 4.0 thus far

GRE: V 165, Q 162, AW 4.5

That said, I don't think my stats had much to do with my acceptance; honestly, they're pretty average for MIT. My research and social entrepreneurship experience probably helped a lot. I also taught a semester-long seminar on engineering interventions for infectious diseases last spring at Tufts and my POI at ESD was a guest lecturer; I think my acceptance wouldn't have happened without that relationship, seeing as he's volunteered to be my advisor.

What are your research interests?

Well, my research interests lie in the area of Energy, Sustainable Energy from Ocean Waves and that kind of stuff. I think that my SOP is going to let me down however :( I'm graduating from Mechanical Eng. this year, however I have had some undergrad research experience and have conference papers on the way. Ahhh, we'll see what happens but it ain't looking good :( Still have my hopes up though

Well, my research interests lie in the area of Energy, Sustainable Energy from Ocean Waves and that kind of stuff. I think that my SOP is going to let me down however :( I'm graduating from Mechanical Eng. this year, however I have had some undergrad research experience and have conference papers on the way. Ahhh, we'll see what happens but it ain't looking good :( Still have my hopes up though

Remember this: it's not over till it's over! Hold tight. :) I'm sending positive vibes your way!