Acceptances anyone?

daydreamer254

Been wait-listed to Columbia. :( 

But I guess that's better than a rejection? 

Congrats to anyone who's been accepted! 

Edited by qkrdbsk

I've been waitlisted to Columbia as well.

I'm deciding between NU Medill and NYU Magazine writing program.

There is a ton of info. on Medill but I cannot seem to find much info./repute on the NYU Magazine program which I know only selects about 25 students. The exclusivity of the program is really appealing but aside from that Medill seems a lot more intellectual and intense.

I tried reaching out to the NYU Mag. director to talk but she never responded....

Anyone know anything about NYU Mag.?

I got an acceptance from Columbia, I can't believe it! 

Only waiting on NYU now, but I think my decision has been made.

Hi, which stream of nyu are you waiting to hear back from?

I've been wait-listed too. I am wondering how it works and how many people are actually on the wait list. Does your Wait List Response Form works? Because in my system it redirects me to the main page...

I was wait-listed last year. I don't think they let me know about my status until the end of July, or beginning of August. By that point I had already accepted another school. So be prepared to potentially wait till the last possible minute. Kind of a crappy way to do things really. You pretty much have to turn down your other schools on the off-chance you get off the waitlist.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wait-listed last year. I don't think they let me know about my status until the end of July, or beginning of August. By that point I had already accepted another school. So be prepared to potentially wait till the last possible minute. Kind of a crappy way to do things really. You pretty much have to turn down your other schools on the off-chance you get off the waitlist.

Hi GwenWoods, were you waitlisted for the MA or MS program?  And were you offered an acceptance?

I've applied and was accepted to CUNY Grad School of Journalism. I'm considering applying in July for Medill for a winter start, but the combination of cost, reputation, and scholarship aid with CUNY seems hard to pass up.

• 1 month later...

Just heard from Columbia and was offered admission off the waitlist!

Torn on how I'm supposed to decide on Columbia and NYU...