Acceptances anyone?

daydreamer254

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Accepted to NYU Magazine! Waiting to hear from Columbia--fingers crossed. 

Hi, 

I am waiting it out too! I have applied to the Magazine Journalism program for Fall 2014. 

How were you notified? Any news on funding? I am an international applicant and eagerly awaiting to hear back, please doll out some more info if you know anything that is going on with the department. 

Hi, 

I am waiting it out too! I have applied to the Magazine Journalism program for Fall 2014. 

How were you notified? Any news on funding? I am an international applicant and eagerly awaiting to hear back, please doll out some more info if you know anything that is going on with the department. 

Hey India_13, 

I received an email from Meryl Gordon February 10 saying that at this stage she was reaching out to the most promising candidates. I took that as a "likely" letter, but I only thought colleges did that for undergraduate schools. On March 4, I got a call from Meryl Gordon informing me of the acceptance and that I qualified for some scholarship money (really, really minimal -bleh),  then she sent me an email stating the acceptance. And today, March 6, NYU GSAS sent me an official email from the Associate Dean, Robert S. Popik. 

I'm not sure if that's the way they're letting others know, but that's how I went through the process. Hope this helps and best of luck! xx

Hi all!

Was accepted into Northwestern, Georgetown, and DePaul. Rejected from UCB and still waiting on a decision from USC. USC is my top choice, so if rejected from there I'm about 98% positive I will be attending Northwestern. Honestly I would be happy attending either, Medill is an amazing school!  

Hi, 

Hey India_13, 

I received an email from Meryl Gordon February 10 saying that at this stage she was reaching out to the most promising candidates. I took that as a "likely" letter, but I only thought colleges did that for undergraduate schools. On March 4, I got a call from Meryl Gordon informing me of the acceptance and that I qualified for some scholarship money (really, really minimal -bleh),  then she sent me an email stating the acceptance. And today, March 6, NYU GSAS sent me an official email from the Associate Dean, Robert S. Popik. 

I'm not sure if that's the way they're letting others know, but that's how I went through the process. Hope this helps and best of luck! xx

Hey,

Thank you so much for your reply! Congratulations. 

I am still at my nerves end waiting for a reply! I guess a lot of applicants have heard back from them and it makes me nervous on the status of my application. 

Hope to be future classmates! 

All the best!

Got into Medill as well and am still waiting on Columbia and NYU. Columbia should notify by 3/15, I believe. Last year they notified on the 15th, but this year the 15th is a Saturday so it might be the Friday before.

Good luck to everyone.

I received my acceptance yesterday for the Dual M.S. in Journalism and Computer Science at Columbia!  :)

Hey Congratulations!

How did the admission notification arrive? Any news on funding? Please share some stats on your profile. Are you taking up the offer. Admission from Columbia is BIG!

I received a recommendation for the program and they told me an offer will follow that will contain information about funding. I am not sure yet if I will accept it, since I am waiting to hear about the financial aid they are going to give me. Columbia is indeed big and I am pretty excited, but at the same time very expensive. 

I am an Electrical Engineer with strong background in software development. International student, GPA ~3.0 and GRE descent (meet the average for Columbia). 1.5 year of working experience in Research, 1 year voluntary work during undergrad studies, internship in a newspaper in IT dpt. My work focused on the development of applications for journalists and this is how I got hooked up by the field. I am looking to do something creative (don't want just to be a programmer) and hopefully this master will allow me to do so. 

Any thoughts on the master anyone ? Would be really helpful if someone would share his insights and opinion regarding the programme and the job prospects after completing it. 

Congratulations!

I was just rejected from Boston (somewhat devastated), but have been accepted to Syracuse! 

Syracuse acceptance is huge -congratulations! I would have applied, but its location turned me away.