MSFS Fall 2013

Are there any dual degree applicants here? I still didnt hear anything from them..

If they're anything like other schools you should hear back from each school separately. 

I haven't heard back yet either. If they let me in I'm happy to keep waiting, though.

Okay, maybe not happy, but you get my point...

Hope your wait is worth a while ! All the best !

what percentage of MSFS applicants do you think monitor this forum?

Don't know but I am slightly concerned with the lack of general discussion/interest regarding MSFS at gradcafe compared to programs like SAIS, HKS, fletcher.

I hope it is not indicative of something... 

Don't know but I am slightly concerned with the lack of general discussion/interest regarding MSFS at gradcafe compared to programs like SAIS, HKS, fletcher.

I hope it is not indicative of something... 

Don't read much into it. This forum probably reflects 1% of the government affairs grad school population if not less.

Don't read much into it. This forum probably reflects 1% of the government affairs grad school population if not less.

I guess you are right. I see you also have got through some other good programs. Have you made up your mind about where you would be heading to?

I guess you are right. I see you also have got through some other good programs. Have you made up your mind about where you would be heading to?

I was on the fence between SIPA and SFS. I know SFS gives a great quality education and sets you up really well for a career in the public sector. When I initially applied SFS was where I wanted to go, but being in the military I've grown disenchanted with government work, so at this point I'd really like to make it in the private sector. That coupled with the fact that I found out my military benefits at SIPA give me $38,000 of funding per year and a life long dream of mine to live in NYC made it a very easy choice. At this moment I'm trying to iron out the last few details in regards to funding.

So I would say there's a 95% chance I'm going to SIPA. But I'd like to make it clear if I intended to work with the DoS then SFS is where I would go. Their curriculum seems to be greatly suited for such a job.  

I was on the fence between SIPA and SFS. I know SFS gives a great quality education and sets you up really well for a career in the public sector. When I initially applied SFS was where I wanted to go, but being in the military I've grown disenchanted with government work, so at this point I'd really like to make it in the private sector. That coupled with the fact that I found out my military benefits at SIPA give me $38,000 of funding per year and a life long dream of mine to live in NYC made it a very easy choice. At this moment I'm trying to iron out the last few details in regards to funding.

So I would say there's a 95% chance I'm going to SIPA. But I'd like to make it clear if I intended to work with the DoS then SFS is where I would go. Their curriculum seems to be greatly suited for such a job.  

Wow that a great offer from SIPA ..To get such a generous offer from a supposedly stingy institute speak volumes about your profile ....

I have got small funding from GTown (10K $ a year)  but in two minds right now . Since I am an international candidate working for US state is not an option for me, therefore I would primarily target pvt or Multilateral sector. Do you think Gtown is strong there? especially with its ICB concentration ?

Dinged! :-/

damn sorry man but like others have said you have some awesome other options. im still waiting. hearing that from you makes me think my rejection notice is coming - how do you get into SIPA and SAIS but not even waitlisted for MSFS?? Any chance you'd be willing to share your stats?

I'm still waiting too! And same; only Georgetown left....ughh

Someone from adcoms put on their FB admitted students page that the decision will keeping coming out till the end of this month.

All the best for all who are waiting

i know theres nothing i can do to get back at them but im going to be REALLY UPSET if they make me wait through another weekend

Edited by sf415