MSFS Fall 2013

I just recieved an email from SFS stating that I was accepted. Although the wording has me confused on the conditional acceptance. I'm not sure if it's a template email or what because I already satisfy all their conditions.

Hi kadisha, I received a similar e-mail asking me to submitting my official transcripts et al. before Aug 1,  whereas I have already submitted everything.

I wont read too much into it ...i think  there is some disconnect b/w GU and SFS . Perhaps that only can explain why i received my welcoming e-mail from MSFS before I got the email from gtown regarding the availability of my decision 

Hi kadisha, I received a similar e-mail asking me to submitting my official transcripts et al. before Aug 1,  whereas I have already submitted everything.

I wont read too much into it ...i think  there is some disconnect b/w GU and SFS . Perhaps that only can explain why i received my welcoming e-mail from MSFS before I got the email from gtown regarding the availability of my decision 

Definitely makes sense. I emailed them earlier anyway. Waiting on a response. I'm sure their inbox got flooded with the decisions being released.

Edit: Recieved a response. I don't have any conditions. GU is looking like it's going to be it, but still waiting on SIPA.

Edited by Kadisha

I'm in as well, but didn't see anything about money on my letter, so judging by what others are saying I guess that means no funding?

Definitely makes sense. I emailed them earlier anyway. Waiting on a response. I'm sure their inbox got flooded with the decisions being released.

Edit: Recieved a response. I don't have any conditions. GU is looking like it's going to be it, but still waiting on SIPA.

Awesome, congrats on your (tentative) decision!

Hi All admits, Anyone received financial assistance from GT? I have received some merit award but slightly confused about the terms and nature of the assistance  

Just got an email saying that I got in! Very, very surprised! However, my official admission letter with all the scholarship info isn't ready yet and they said they'll send me an email when I can view that on the Apply Yourself portal.

Thanks Goose, hope you get some good news! I see you've heard from SIPA, congrats! I'm still waiting to hear from them and I have a bad feeling about it since the majority here seems to have got their decision already...

Just got an email saying that I got in! Very, very surprised! However, my official admission letter with all the scholarship info isn't ready yet and they said they'll send me an email when I can view that on the Apply Yourself portal.

That's amazing! Congrats!! I think you mentioned that you didn't have much full time work experience but I looked at your stats and I am not surprised you got in at all.

I'm still waiting. The anticipation will be the death of me lol. It seems like pretty much a flip of the coin whether SAIS admits will get into MSFS and whether MSFS admits have gotten into SAIS. I looked at threads from last year and people were still waiting up until the 28th. I seriously hope the rest of us don't end up waiting for that long!

That's amazing! Congrats!! I think you mentioned that you didn't have much full time work experience but I looked at your stats and I am not surprised you got in at all.

I'm still waiting. The anticipation will be the death of me lol. It seems like pretty much a flip of the coin whether SAIS admits will get into MSFS and whether MSFS admits have gotten into SAIS. I looked at threads from last year and people were still waiting up until the 28th. I seriously hope the rest of us don't end up waiting for that long!

Thanks ivydreams. Yeah, not a lot of full time work experience but grad school is definitely the right next step for me given my circumstances and I was just hoping that the other factors in my application would be strong enough, and I guess they were.

Hopefully you'll get some good news soon!

anyone willing to upload a screen shot of what apply yourself looks like when there is a decision waiting?  :)

Edited by sf415

Hey all,

I'm a British student - got the e-mail saying that I have been admitted (yay!) yesterday but that my full letter with scholarship etc. is not ready yet on Apply Yourself. GOOD LUCK to everyone else waiting!!!! I was checking my e-mail compulsively haha.

I won't be able to attend any of the admitted students events so I'd love to chat to people who are planning to attend by e-mail or skype - if you fancy that, let me know. I'm in my final year undergrad at Cambridge with 1.5 years work experience (all in middle east) so I was shocked that I got in :)! Good luck to everyone again.

Anna

Congrats to everybody who got in!!!

I got the same email and I do have a letter posted in applyyourself. It doesn't seem to say anything about funding. Does that mean I did'nt get any or should I wait for an other letter?

I fear without funding, MSFS will simply be a little too expensive :-(

PS - If anyone can advise me on the economics prerequisite that would be great....?

From what I see online, it seems like even online courses from obscure US universities are around $800 - any ideas for cheaper options?