Student Reviews of MBA Programs

I have been looking to apply to schools for an MBA but had trouble finding
real information from students about the programs. I found
www.graduateprograms.com and discovered that two of the schools I was
considering ranked in the top 25 of their Business school rankings,
http://www.graduateprograms.com/top-business-schools. I know I should take
the reviews with a grain of salt but more information is better than just
relying in the US News rankings I guess.

Does anyone else know of any other good student review websites for MBA
applicants?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

DO NOT APPLY TO LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL (LBS)!

As a former student, I'm speaking from personal experience. If you want an education that will help you ACTUALLY FIND a job, then choose an Accounting or Securities certification instead. Employers look for skills, the LBS MBA does not give you much.

After having spent $110,000 USD for this MBA, I found that the career services team is useless, they have no credibility/relationships with employers, rely on working with recruiters (which you can do on your own) for placements, and students are not much more in demand than even ordinary (non-top 100) business schools.

If you are looking to do an MBA to further your career, spend your money at Stanford or Harvard instead. All of the top "European" business school (IESE, ESADE, HEC, LBS) have no demand in hiring companies worldwide. Waste of money & time!

• 4 months later...

Do You Want To Be Stylish In Nowadays? Have you been under the impression that you just could not appear like famous people? Well, reconsider that thought. It is in fact an easy task to appear far more modern when you have good advice. Please read on this post and discover great ways to achieve the look you really want for. Longchamp Shop Online Should you bring every other bags, ensure that your bag matches them also, Purses match outfits however. In case you have a brief-case, you would like it to match your bag. Don't hold more than two types of totes as well. Utter clothing could make you attractive. You ought to be very careful about the degree of sheerness and the part of the absolute, even so. You need to actually are installing a picture that may be proper for your atmosphere that you will be in, so be conscious of whatever you put on. Dress in a blouse in dark or possibly a quite dark shade spanning a darkish-tinted skirt when you are obese and would like to seem skinnier. Darkish colors help stress your great parts and tone down the overweight additional features you don't want people to discover. Flexible waistbands can help make skirts more at ease. There are lots of locks accent alternatives. Bow, headbands, ponytail stands and head of hair extensions are amazing head of hair accessories. Don't forget to include your hair accessories. When you have a training ensemble, select a headband which matches it. Decide on a glittery barrette or fairly clip to travel along with your clothing if you are dressing. Use every final ounce of it, prior to getting ready to dispose off your beauty items. For products that may be found in tubes, utilize the tiny gadgets created for toothpaste pipes to pull out your last little bit. Bottles could be converted upside down, or on his or her area, that will help you extract the past bits of products. You can also consider the the shirts away in the event it reaches the end. It will save you plenty of cash in this way. Know your body's weaknesses and strengths. Smaller support frames suggest you want gentle, equipped materials to increase your body. When you are nicely endowed, you have to get costumes that attract focus out of your bust. Pear-molded women can cancel out the imbalance by putting on darkish shades from the stomach straight down, complemented with light-weight colored blouses. There is absolutely no this kind of point as being perfectly modern. There is no perfect feeling of trend, just thoughts. If you concentrate on flawlessness, you get rid of the freedom to become yourself. You can make a glance uniquely your own by including just one unpredicted defect, like messy head of hair or an untucked tee shirt. Find out in case your preferred style web site offers a e-newsletter, and sign up for it. This can help you keep on the top of the constantly transforming world of design. You could be trendy and unique simultaneously. Allow hair be considered a tad untidy, unbutton your t-shirt or wear shoes which are not equalled. The defects are exactly what makes the clothing truly feel actual. The ideal base is the start to excellent style. A bra that may be installed correctly gives your body excellent description as well as an desirable silhouette. Undergarments should provide assistance and provide a firmer and easier look. There are numerous undergarments that shed weight the figure and will conceal probelms places that will help you appear your very best. A great design hint would be to opt for something you might by no means consider using and check out it on. Accomplishing this can help you be keen on new ideas, and you may learn that some thing actually appearance excellent for you. It's an enjoyable method to include selection in your wardrobe. Some habits in fashion go and are available. Floral is one pattern that is certainly in style. Don't be afraid to put on flower patterned dresses, blouses and even shorts or slacks. When you put on an particularly bold or big flower produce, choose footwear or some other accessories with little patterns or go along with strong colors, you should be cautious about adding accessories floral designs along with other styles. Ugg Femme Fashion can be something that requires some smart movements and investigation. The system functions nicely if you discover how to support people appreciate the style you are trying to project. Whenever you do this, men and women all around you might acknowledge your very good style.

• 1 year later...

INSEAD MBA review

It is with a heavy heart that I publish this review, but I feel that potential INSEAD students deserve to know. I am a native English speaking career changer and the INSEAD MBA did not meet my expectations, it added no value to my career. Despite years of job hunting I have not had a single post MBA job interview. This MBA program is not sophisticated enough to enable a native English speaker to get an MBA level job. INSEAD needs native English speaking participants; each study group has one native English speaker, the courses are in English and almost all the business cases are from the English speaking world. The education is just too basic to enable a native English speaker beat graduates from other business schools in the job market. I found the classes to be high school level intended for those working in English for the first time.

There are two main types of students at INSEAD:

Non native English speaking strategy consultants

Non native English speaking family business

To ensure that these two groups are best served INSEAD organizes a week long hazing event called 'Welcome Week'. This'd event makes it clear to all participants that INSEAD is just one long party for old money elites; upstarts are not tolerated.

INSEAD constantly sells its diversity but it is international not diverse. At this time in history most English speaking universities and work places are already multinational and have been for decades. So what does INSEAD give the native English speaker?

During my job hunt I have asked for help from the school, but I have been told: be more entrepreneurial - I have received no actual help from the school. If I could get a better job by simply being entrepreneurial I wouldn't have bought an MBA!

From my analysis of tyge job market I found that INSEAD has a bad reputation. Two separate organizations told me 'We previously hired someone from INSEAD, it was expensive since that person needed a visa, then that person just did not perform well'.

A recruiter summed it up; 'INSEAD students behave like they have already made it in life'. Indeed many INSEAD students are from wealthy families or already have excellent careers - so they have infact already made it in life. If you start a post MBA job in the English speaking world with that attitude you will fail.

• 1 month later...

Wowee! These are some very brutal reviews. I can't weigh in on how common the experiences are as related by the Insead and LBS alumni above, but I have no reason to doubt they are real accounts from people who are disappointed in their experiences.

The best way to get a real deal opinion on what a school is really like is to speak with actual students. You would be surprised by how responsive recent alumni are to outreach from prospective students who would like to speak briefly (20 minutes or less) about their experience in business school. When I was applying, I reached out to current MBA students and recent alumni and lots of people responded and were helpful and encouraging. I found that recent alumni (less than 3 years out) were most responsive as current MBA students are outrageously busy.

Best of luck to all of you!

Kaneisha