Evans school at UW

cerise

Thanks! I'm really excited. I've always wanted to live in Seattle. And UW would be cheaper than the Ford School, which is a huge plus.

As for your decision, I wouldn't worry about it yet- clearly, they don't have a particular organizational plan to this. Some people got emails two days ago, I got a phone call today, someone else getting a letter...who knows what they're thinking?

You could always call if you're getting antsy.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called Evans School yesterday and spoke to student services. The person that I talked to told me that they were notifying in "waves". He assured me that there were more acceptances to come. I'm not sure I believe him though. It feels a bit like they made a yes, maybe, and no pile and are sending notices in that order. However, that seems far too organized. Best of luck to all those still waiting...myself included!

I called Evans School yesterday and spoke to student services. The person that I talked to told me that they were notifying in "waves". He assured me that there were more acceptances to come. I'm not sure I believe him though. It feels a bit like they made a yes, maybe, and no pile and are sending notices in that order. However, that seems far too organized. Best of luck to all those still waiting...myself included!

"waves"?? LAME. Haha, I definitely e-mailed them today to ask about the status of my app. I don't expect to actually get a response

I emailed them last Friday and received the following email from the Program Coordinator:

"All students will be receiving a letter (unless you're abroad and/or an international student) next week. Please let us know if you don't hear from us by the end of next week. Thank you for your patience."

Not sure that this illuminates anything process-wise. Does anyone have a sense of the acceptance rate for the UW? I figured it was a pretty easy, but that could be just a misconception from someone in-state.

ebee,

did you apply to the mpp program at oregon state or the university of oregon? i applied to oregon state, so i was just curious. if you did apply to oregon state, what attracted you to the program? and would you definitely consider going there if you were accepted?

ebee,

did you apply to the mpp program at oregon state or the university of oregon? i applied to oregon state, so i was just curious. if you did apply to oregon state, what attracted you to the program? and would you definitely consider going there if you were accepted?

Nab,

I applied to University of Oregon. I only briefly looked at Oregon State's program so unfortunately have no insight/advice on that one.

I e-mailed last night and got this response today:

Letters will be going out this week in the mail.

So not really encouraging. Ah well I just want to know either way so I know if I have decisions to make.

My acceptance letter from Evans urged me to notify them of my decision as soon as possible, as they have a waitlist. No idea how they'll handle their waitlist...but it seems they've got one.

I also received an email yesterday offering me a guaranteed research assistanceship. Not free money, but it definitely increases my interest.

My acceptance letter from Evans urged me to notify them of my decision as soon as possible, as they have a waitlist. No idea how they'll handle their waitlist...but it seems they've got one.

I also received an email yesterday offering me a guaranteed research assistanceship. Not free money, but it definitely increases my interest.

Congrats! though if they're notifying about financial aid now, i'm not too optimistic about my chances of even getting in...

Hello All!

I've been lurking on this board for a while, feeling just as frustrated with Evans as all of you. Then...a miracle!

Sent at 6:35pm EST an acceptance email!!!

Don't lose hope yet ppl. Admission notes are still coming! :D

congrats!

I am quite irritated by Evans at this juncture. After a week of notifications (already much later than most schools), I still have heard nothing from them one way or the other. I can only assume that I have been rejected, or will be admitted with no funding. I don't really understand their reasoning, as I have a fairly strong profile and have been accepted to Indiana, CMU, and Cornell, all with at least some funding. Evans was in fact my safety school, and although I certainly would have considered attending, I feel very slighted by them at this point. Every other school I applied to responded with an offer of admission within a few weeks of recieving my application, and all of them have reached out to me extensively in the interim. I do not mean to suggest that I "deserve" an acceptance to Evans, or that I am "above" their program, but I feel that given the fact that other schools are competing for my attention, Evans could at least have the respect to contact me one way or the other in a timely manner. With the way they seem to be conducting admissions, they may very well lose out on many prospective students who have developed loyalty to other programs.

I am quite irritated by Evans at this juncture. After a week of notifications (already much later than most schools), I still have heard nothing from them one way or the other. I can only assume that I have been rejected, or will be admitted with no funding. I don't really understand their reasoning, as I have a fairly strong profile and have been accepted to Indiana, CMU, and Cornell, all with at least some funding. Evans was in fact my safety school, and although I certainly would have considered attending, I feel very slighted by them at this point. Every other school I applied to responded with an offer of admission within a few weeks of recieving my application, and all of them have reached out to me extensively in the interim. I do not mean to suggest that I "deserve" an acceptance to Evans, or that I am "above" their program, but I feel that given the fact that other schools are competing for my attention, Evans could at least have the respect to contact me one way or the other in a timely manner. With the way they seem to be conducting admissions, they may very well lose out on many prospective students who have developed loyalty to other programs.

I couldn't agree more. I have heard nothing at this point. While I assume I was not admitted, it is VERY frustrating knowing that they couldn't even tell me that within a reasonable amount of time. UW should seriously take some tips from schools like Minnesota that were not only fast, but informative and very helpful throughout the admissions process.

Don't give up hope just yet! I was feeling very rejected until I checked my mail today. The extremely tiny acceptance letter just arrived, and I live in Seattle so there might still be some acceptances floating around the postal service. Keep the faith for at least one more weekend!