Evans school at UW

cerise

Don't give up hope just yet! I was feeling very rejected until I checked my mail today. The extremely tiny acceptance letter just arrived, and I live in Seattle so there might still be some acceptances floating around the postal service. Keep the faith for at least one more weekend!

Congrats! I live in Seattle too but so far nothing in the mail. I called Admissions and they said that letters went out yesterday and will arrive accordingly wherever people are located - so maybe I shouldn't be expecting much since I live about a mile away from the school and haven't received anything. Guess I should be buying a warm coat for Denver...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a poo fest. nothing in the mail today. if there are any more acceptance letters going out, I'm not sure how they expect those people to make it to town for the visit days.

end rant.

Of course; shortly after returning home from work yesterday I noticed that I had a voicemail message from Evans, informing me that I had been accepted, they really wanted me to attend, and the details of their financial offer would be in the mail, etc. While the phone call was a nice gesture, this does not change most of my earlier sentiments. The fact is, Evans has a long way to go in my mind to convince me to attend this late in the game. That said, a tuition waver and stipend would go along way in accomplishing that, so we will see what their offer is. Good luck to everyone.

From some research and conversations with faculty at other schools, I believe this might have something to do with UW's financial position. I think they are at least as bad as most schools right now budget-wise. That may have affected Evans' selection process this year.

I am quite irritated by Evans at this juncture. After a week of notifications (already much later than most schools), I still have heard nothing from them one way or the other. I can only assume that I have been rejected, or will be admitted with no funding. I don't really understand their reasoning, as I have a fairly strong profile and have been accepted to Indiana, CMU, and Cornell, all with at least some funding. Evans was in fact my safety school, and although I certainly would have considered attending, I feel very slighted by them at this point. Every other school I applied to responded with an offer of admission within a few weeks of recieving my application, and all of them have reached out to me extensively in the interim. I do not mean to suggest that I "deserve" an acceptance to Evans, or that I am "above" their program, but I feel that given the fact that other schools are competing for my attention, Evans could at least have the respect to contact me one way or the other in a timely manner. With the way they seem to be conducting admissions, they may very well lose out on many prospective students who have developed loyalty to other programs.

If you log into where you submitted your application, you can obtain an application ID and send them an email with the number in it. They sent me my rejection letter, nicely PDF'ed as an attachment and all. Game over for me - guess I won't be a Husky again after all.

My letter came while I was visiting Minnesota this weekend. It really didn't matter what the letter said since I realized during my visit that Minnesota really is the best fit for me academically.

The best part? It took them this long just to tell me I got waitlisted.

Hi there - did anyone here receive a Evans School Financial Award in their acceptance letter? I just received the email from the Evans Admissions about this and was curious if there were any fellow GradCafe-ers who were honored to be one of the few beneficiaries. Thanks!

Hi there - did anyone here receive a Evans School Financial Award in their acceptance letter? I just received the email from the Evans Admissions about this and was curious if there were any fellow GradCafe-ers who were honored to be one of the few beneficiaries. Thanks!

i did. def makes the decision harder! PM me if you want more details