CSUN MSW group interview.... suggestions?

sarahseee

Hello all!

I have been asked to attend an interview for CSUN and was told there is a group exercise, writing exercise, and personal questions.

What should I expect with the exercise and what are they looking for?

I have a friend in the program and she told me to emphasize working with and a desire to work with urban communities from a strenghts-based perspective.

Any other advice for those who went through the interview process would be great.

I went to one group interview, which did not include a group or writing exercise, so I'm sorry if my insight is not very helpful. The interview I went to was very relaxed and more like a discussion among those being interviewed. There were two interviewers and about 12-15 people being interviewed at once. We were only asked a couple of questions each. Hope I helped!

• 10 months later...

for the fall 2014 cycle, I just received an email for an interview

Hello all!

I have been asked to attend an interview for CSUN and was told there is a group exercise, writing exercise, and personal questions.

What should I expect with the exercise and what are they looking for?

I have a friend in the program and she told me to emphasize working with and a desire to work with urban communities from a strenghts-based perspective.

Any other advice for those who went through the interview process would be great.

hey sarahseee,

Do you mind shining some light about the interview for CSUN that you attended last year? I just got an email and I would love some more insight :) like what questions were asked, etc. Thanks!!