Acceptance etiquette when waiting to hear from another school

Scaty05

I was accepted to a program that I will likely attend.  However, I am still waiting to hear from one school that is a possibility, depending on what they offer me.  When I spoke with my POI and was offered acceptance, I explained that I was very excited, but that I had not heard back from all of my schools yet and I just wanted to make sure that I was reviewing all my options.  That was several weeks ago however, and this other school does not seem to be in a rush to give me an answer.

So... do I contact my professor at the school where I was accepted and explain that I'm still waiting to hear from other schools?  Or should I just keep waiting and hope the professor doesn't reach out to me again before I hear?  I don't want them to think I'm not interested, because I am... And I certainly don't want to appear rude.  I know that if I don't accept they will need to come up with a backup plan and the more time I give them for that, the better (I was told this on the phone). 

Perhaps professors expect to wait quite a while for a response and I am worrying for nothing?

No.  It's so strange.  There is no deadline.  The woman in admissions said that they will keep sending me reminder emails until I accept or reject.

I am in a similar situation. I have been offered admission, but I am waiting to hear from a few other programs. They gave me a deadline of 15th March to accept or decline the offer. So I just told the POI that I will communicate my decision by 15th.

But the sad part is that I don't think any of the other programs will respond to me by 15th March. What can I possibly do in order to make a more informed decision?

I tried contacting other programs about their decisions and hopefully ask them to expedite mine but I don;t think it is of any use.

Any help will be sincerely appreciated!

Thanks,

ruud9.