Fulbright-mtvU Applicants

sanfram

I recently applied for this grant. Anyone else out there? The deadline was only two weeks ago, so I don't imagine anyone's heard back yet. Let's keep each other posted, though! Feel free to give a run-down of the project you came up with, too! 

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome! It's such a new program that the National Scholarship Office at my school seems to be in the dark about exactly when we'll hear back, how many applicants there usually are for this one, etc. I emailed Fulbright and they said we should hear back sometime in April if we have made it to the next round. I don't know when the final final decisions are made though. I need to find out before the end of the semester in early May :-/

Where'd you apply to go? I'm trying to go to Mexico. 

Edited by sanfram

From my understanding, we should hear back around mid-April as to whether or not our applications are still in consideration. After that, I was under the impression that we continued getting notified month by month if we've made the next rounds..The last couple of years the press releases have not gone out until August regarding who the 4 or 5 applicants are to receive the mtvU. Which seems pretty crazy to me to not hear till then especially since most of the projects start in September or October! Seems like short notice to me..

Last year when I was thinking about applying, I emailed the contact regarding how big the applicant pool usually was and he said that the previous year had received 90 applications. I didnt apply that year though and I don't know if that number has changed much. My project is focused in Sweden -- good luck to yours! I don't have my hopes set on getting it really, but I thought it was important to at least apply!

• 2 weeks later...