Jump to content

How do I take upper division classes after I've graduated?


Recommended Posts

Today, I got my first rejection letter in the mail stating that I wasn't accepted because of my GPA. While it's upsetting because I received my undergraduate degree nine years ago, I want to start taking upper division classes at a college. How do I go about doing that? I tried researching under the School of Continuing Education for some of the universities, but they were more about helping post-grads get certification in things like education and becoming a mechanic. 


Who do I contact in regards to this? I don't know what to do since I'm very distraught by it all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Perhaps something like this program?




It's made specifically for career changers, which I have no idea if you are, but post-bacc certificates are usually a good (if not only) way to boost your GPA, get up to speed with current field trends, and review/refresh what you previously learned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

You can enroll in a graduate certificate program or you can register as "non-degree" seeking and take upper level classes. I would try to contact the department/grad school you are applying to and ask specifically what courses you need. Since financing is hard to get as a non-degree student it may be in your benefit to take only the necessary classes that pull lots of weight in the admissions process.

Edited by gnomechomsky22
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use