Should I be concerned..? Still waiting to hear from 8 statistics ms/PhD programs.

Hey everyone! I have applied to 10 schools for both masters and PhD programs in statistics and biostatistics. So far I have heard from two, Villanova (Applied Statistics MS) and Stevens (Stochastic Systems MS). I was accepted to both programs, but I am still waiting to heard back from 8 others. I was just wondering if anyone has heard or been in contact with any of the following programs.

1.) Binghamton University Mathematics PhD with a Statistics Concentration.

2.) UMASS Amherst PhD Statistics

3.) UNC Chapel Hill Biostatistics PhD

4.) Cornell Applied Statistics MPS

5.) Columbia Statistics MA

6.) Lehigh Statistics MS

7.) Hunter College Biostatistics MPH

8.) Rutgers Statistics MS

I am started to get concerned that I have heard absolutely nothing from any of these institutions considering that I applied in December. My top choices are Binghamton and UMASS, but I have yet to see any acceptance for either of these program on Grad Cafe.

Thanks for your time :)

Preferences
§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt
alt

Preferences
Edited by statsgirl8

I did not to apply to any of the schools on your list except for Columbia, and I heard back couple of weeks ago. Though I know that schools are still making decisions. Seems like most schools have finished reviewing the PhD applications, and now moving onto MS. I think that's the general pattern (PhD first then Masters). I am waiting for decisions from 3 more schools as well, so we're in it together!

I wouldn't worry. There is still time, although you may be on a reserve list at the moment for several programs. It doesn't hurt to ask the graduate coordinators about your status at this point either. I sent out inquiry emails last week.

• 11 months later...

I am an international student and I got admission in MS in Applied Statistics program at Villanova University. What do you think about Villonova MS Statistics program? Fees is less at Villanova but I didn't find any student who can tell me something about job placements, internship, practical training  of SAS and other statistical program at Villanova. Can you tell me something about this program? Should I accept the admission offer?