Letter from Student Affairs Officer...good?

theory_junky

Dear Aileen Genaidy:

We are in the process of making a decision on your application for admission. You may review the decision after 8:00 a.m. PST on March 19, 2009, by accessing your UC Davis application on the online admission web site. Please contact the Comparative Literature program if you have any questions regarding this decision.

Best regards,

Office of Graduate Admissions and Academic Services

University of California, Davis

Hmm I can't help but careen from ecstatic hope, the "They're finalizing my application!" fantasy, to utter despair, the "If I was accepted they would've told me already!

Has anyone ever seen a letter like this? Does the fact that it comes from the Student Affairs mean anything potentially pos/negative?

There's a thread about this on the psychology subforum. A number of us received that letter, on different dates, and all ended up being rejections. BUT, I think it could be different for each department, especially since you also had a note from the department.

I hope you hear good news on the 19th!

There's a thread about this on the psychology subforum. A number of us received that letter, on different dates, and all ended up being rejections. BUT, I think it could be different for each department, especially since you also had a note from the department.

I hope you hear good news on the 19th!

aw shiz :cry:

well, thanks for the wishes.

perhaps though this may be good? i was (am?) notified of being waitlisted.

o, agony.

From what I have heard, UC Davis sends out that email in all fields, anytime it's about to post a decision online. I wouldn't read anything into it whatsoever.

Also, the promise to notify by April 15th doesn't mean anything, either. All the programs are supposed to notify by the 15th but most notify sooner. They were probably just trying to be vague and avoid giving you details.