Anyone heard from Ohio University Comm Studies department

I saw one person got accepted 2 weeks after the application deadline in January but I havent heard anything and when I emailed asking I never got anything back either.  I talked to another person that applied there and she hasnt heard anything either.  At this point I'm just going to write them off but it would still be nice to hear something.

• 2 weeks later...

I e-mailed Ohio University Comm Studies department on Thursday as it's getting close to the April 15th deadline.  The DGS replied by email stating that my application is still under "active consideration" and that sometimes their final offers go out as late as June.  Here is how he described the offer process:

"What we do is, in late January/early February, we make offers of admission to a few people.  As we hear back from them and know the make-up of the class, we admit a few more additional students to have a balanced and rounded class.  As we hear back from them, we adjust our admissions further. This process is further complicated by the agreed upon date for accepting or declining an offer across all graduate schools in the country (April 15), so we sometimes don't hear from students until that date draws near." 

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a phone call and offered admission with an assistantship. I couldn't believe it! I have already signed with MN and am visiting in May. But I'm curious regarding the reputation/caliber of Ohio's program. I have an idea, but your guys' thoughts???