Apps and tricks for commuting

Sumac77

We will be living about an hour from my school, and I'll have to make that trek (driving) two or three times a week. Who's got some tips on using this time productively? Apps? Voice recorders?

Take some back roads, listen to NPR, and enjoy the ride...

Funny thing is that's what I do on my drive to work right now. Hate my job, so I take my sweet time getting there. Also drink coffee on the way there. 

Ha! I love the laptop/wheel mount. But I'm thinking that might bea little snare for me. Unfortunately no public transportation, or else I'd definitely take it. NPR, coffee and relaxation all sound good. My dad used to commute super far like this and always got a lot of his writing done via voice recorde, so I'll definitely give that a shot. Wondering how I can knock out some reading as well.

What's wrong with driving safely, for the sake of other motorists on the road?

You can also invest in books on tape/cd or as downloads for your iPod. Honestly, a commute is just that. Now if you are not always the one driving, and you have the opportunity to be a passenger, then study, work on flash cards, read, etc...

Edited by kcald716

Oops, that should have said "be a little too dangerous for me." I'm with you on driving safely kcald716. I don't make phone calls as they're too distracting for me, but brainstorming aloud to a voice recorder works. And listening to research might be the same as listening to radio or podcasts, I'll have to see how much concentration it requires. Good idea on the CDs, thanks!