Waitlisted Blues

Guest Guest

I feel you, I'm waitlisted at 4 places and I would go to any of the four over my top choice that I was accepted to. We'll hear somewhere between now and May 1st. I'm going to have to email my current top choice and ask for an extension. If, not I'll just eat the deposit, if I get into one of my waitlisted places.

Most places you can only rescind an acceptance until April 15th or cannot accept any offer as far as I know. They would have to give you official written approval to be let out of the commitment and go to another school and they don;t have to do it. Read the agreement if it is a CGS agreement signing school.

• 1 month later...
Guest waitlistinginnyc

I was waitlisted at my top and only school too -- Columbia's J-School. I heard that only 50 people are on the waitlist, but there's no way to know what your rank is and how many spots will open up. Plus, they give us this terrible deadline anytime between May 25 to the first week of class. Oh, what a long wait list will be.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest waitlister2

I'm also waitlisted at Columbia. If the list is 50 long that is actually pretty discouraging. I spoke to the dean and he said they were thinking 2 or 3 waitlisters, tops. He also said anyone who got in off the waitlist would probably find out very late in the summer.