So what if the letter was the big "R", I'm happy.

jaspers

So after fretting all this month of waiting for the "letter", it simply came as a email. Gladly the "R" word was the very last sentence. I'm glad it's over. Not because the stress was to much, nor because prospects were to slim. Nope this now allows me to fall back on plan b, or even plan c. I knew there was a high probability that yet another university wouldn't want to accept me even though I was "highly qualified" and "very competitive" ( are those jargon words?). So thanks for allowing me to save 50k, I think I will either spend it elsewhere or save it and completely become competent in the skills I need without learning in some institution. Now it's time to move on and start learning elsewhere. :)

I know how you feel. My first choice hasn't made it's decisions yet (expect to hear next week actually) and the others didn't work out, but at least hearing back can give a sense of closure to it all, and now moving on can start. I'm always surprised by the amount of people who AREN'T prepared to not get accepted this year.

I'm impressed by your positivity.

For everyone dreading the idea of the "real world," I've spent the past year out in industry as a way to get a sense of what I want to do, and it's been really helpful not just monetarily (though that helps!) but for making me feel more confident about my next step.