Admitted students/Open Day thoughts

Ah, forgot about reagan. That's more of a regional airport though right? I have to check and see if my city even has flights to reagan.

It is national and not international but I wouldn´t consider it "regional" it definetly serves most of the country! I know when I lived in Albany I used to fly there all the time.

Not sure why it would be inappropriate. Your decision completely. If his involvement is important to you, you should definitely bring him along.

I asked Fletcher and they said that it's for students only...don't know if that's one of your schools, but just fyi.

I read past forums about bringing spouses/significant others/parents to admitted student days and the concensus seemed to be that it makes for very awkward interactions as each event is geared towards helping make potential students feel like this is the program they want to study. One person said her spouse came with her to DC, but instead check out the living environment (places to live, shop, go out and how close/far/expensive they were to campus) which was really useful to them. I also thought about bringing my dad with as he has worked in the government for over 30 years and I really value his opinion, but eventually decided against it based on what everyone else had said. Personally I have no problem with anyone bringing someone else but they might not really get anything out of the events. 

Interestingly, Duke Sanford's invitation for the admitted student open house specifically stated there was room for a plus one (partner or spouse). Seems to suggest that if a school did not include that as an option, then it would be unusual to bring someone along to the actual events.

Hey Seekay, could you please provide me some feedback on your thoughts about SIPA and SAIS? I'm going to Fletcher's open house, but I don't think I can swing the other 2 because of work commitments. I would love some insight from those able to attend!

Thanks!

Will do. Hope to hear your insights from Fletcher as well. I think we're in similar situations: impressed by SAIS, but enticed by money from Fletcher.