Am I being a badger by emailing for a status update?

luke8ball

I applied 2 months ago to a Master's program at NCSU. I emailed the graduate director 2 weeks ago asking for a status update. He said they have been very "tardy" about MS applicants, and that I should know soon. 

Alas, I still haven't heard back. Is it ok to email back asking again, or will this hinder my chances? After all, I'm confident he's part of the committee reviewing applications. I'm just annoyed because this acceptance/rejection is the only one I haven't gotten, and I'm ready to be in a position to make a decision.

Just wait. If you haven't heard by April 1 and/or you have other deadlines that you need to decide by, then you are in a position to be asking them again. If you don't and you have until April 15, then just be patient. Others are in the same position as you are and some programs don't notify until the end of March.

I was wondering the same thing. I applied to Texas State University and the deadline was March 1st. My application status doesn't even say my application is under review or anything. I do not know if they have to give you a decision by April 15th because of financial aid. I was going to wait it out this week and then if I do not hear anything maybe send an email.