Online Economics Courses?

julst

Hi all,

I am an international student and was admitted to both GW's Global Communication MA and the MSFS. Both require me to take introduction to Micro- and Macro-Economics courses (3 credit).

Unfortunately, there are no applicable courses in Vienna - Do any of you know how to fulfill the requirements through an online course?

I got the news from Elliott yesterday - my admission letter didn't say anything about economics, so I'm kind of desperately looking for options right now ;-)

Thanks for your help!

From what I've understood, this requirement may be fulfilled by attending the 3-weeks overview on economics that Elliott offers in August. You should call them to make sure though.

Yea- email them and ask. I'm also going to have to take online economics courses before August, and a couple of the schools I'm considering said they would be happy to send me a list of free, online courses I could take.

I was going to recommend ucla online extension but their econ courses for spring quarter are closed. Take a look at berkeley's extension courses. They're pretty flexible in terms of how long it takes for you to complete the courses.

Thanks for your replies!

From what I've understood, this requirement may be fulfilled by attending the 3-weeks overview on economics that Elliott offers in August. You should call them to make sure though.

I called Elliott's Admission's Office today. A combined micro- and macro-course (which I'll take in Austria) and the three-week course at Elliott will be enough!

Yea- email them and ask. I'm also going to have to take online economics courses before August, and a couple of the schools I'm considering said they would be happy to send me a list of free, online courses I could take.

I found the University of Phoenix - but I didn't check the dates nor costs yet...

I'm still leaning towards GWU, so maybe we'll see eachother in August ;-)

I'm still leaning towards GWU, so maybe we'll see eachother in August ;-)

Nice! Even though I've already completed the economics requirements, I'm planning on attending the review courses, so I'll see you there :)