University of Alabama

Hey ya'll,

I was accepted into the graduate program at UA, but did not hear any information regarding graduate assistantships. Did anyone else? Alabama is my first choice so I'm hoping that decisions are still pending because out-of state tuition is really concerning me.

Also, is anybody starting in the Summer term?

I'm in the same boat as you! If I don't hear about funding soon, I am going to accept my offer from one of the FL schools I was admitted to :/

I'm an undergrad at UA. I will be starting in the fall, but pretty much all of my good friends are starting in the summer. It's a great group that they let in, I'm really excited! As for grants and scholarships: UA doesn't give that many out. You can apply to be a GTA, which includes free tuition and a stipend, which is nice. A lot of the out of state students go that route. I'm hoping I get some grant from my fafsa though. Feel free to message me with any questions!

SLP1990 - I called today, and basically it sounded like the assistantships had been decided unless those students choose to not attend or accept it. She said by the end of the month we should know for sure. So basically now I have to decide to spend a lot of money at the school I want to go or stay in state (Mississippi) just to save money. 

la912 - From my searches it seemed like the financial assistance from the University would be challenging, but for some reason it is the school I really want to attend. I will definitely be messaging you soon!

I'm taking pre-req.s there now so I've heard that about 4 of my friends getting in and one of them has not heard back either way. Not sure if they're waiting to see who accepts and decline, or what. Hope this helps. You could call and ask?!

I was accepted to UA and the deadline for responding is April 15th (like most other programs). So maybe they're waiting for the current round of people to accept/decline on that date and then they'll send out the next round of letters. :)